Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....keep these facts in mind that you won't see on the evening news...

- In the 1960’s, Nelson Mandela was a key leader of “MK” - the militant, Communist-backed, anti-government wing of the African National Congress (ANC).

- “MK” was classified as a terrorist organization by both the United States and South Africa.

- In 1962, Mandela met with foreign communist leaders, and received 6 months of military insurgent training in Ethiopia.

- He went on to mastermind 193 violent acts of sabotage against the South African government, including bombing power stations, govt buildings and burning crops.

- In 1964, Mandela was sentenced to life in prison for sabotage and conspiracy to overthrow the government.

- In 1985, the South African President offered to free Mandela, if he would renounce violence. Mandela refused the offer.

- After serving 27 years in prison, an international campaign lobbied for his release, which was granted in 1990.

Nelson Mandela Quotes:

"We are not racists, as the white oppressors are."

“We felt that without violence, there would be no way open to the African people to succeed in their struggle against the principle of white supremacy.”

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_African_National_Congress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umkhonto_we_Sizwe

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mandela/mandelaaccount.html

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Ah but you forgot to mention, He was Oprahs little darling!!

Which makes him a saint to the LIV'S

He is acceptable as is the Pentagon Bomber who keeps going in and out of OUR WH!!

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Wow!!!! What a surprise. Click. I would imagine that because of the "***********" faction of thinking, that you do not consider yourselves to be terrorists.

Any idea of who started the violence, against the peaceful protesters? You anti-government people should know the answer. I know it is very hard to understand the difference between YOUR rights, and civil rights.

Are we (Whites) in fact terrorists? We came to this land, and killed the natives to take control of this land we are not native to. Does that not make our ancestry relation to terrorists? When the White Supremacists say "send THEM back to their country", wasn't THEIR country, and native land being run by white terrorist invaders?

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
If Obama goes to celebrate the funeral is there any way we can lock the door so he cannot get back in. Maybe if he had to show his real passport.

Don

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
The underlying fact is, it has more to do with race, than politics.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
To the Victors go the accolades. History is always changed by the winning side. But, then one can dress a pig in a Tux but it's still a pig. As long as someone remembers what a pig looked like before it received the Tux to wear.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Many of you give "conservatives" a bad name. You rail against Mandela's activism BUT you must admit that he was the most successful and equitable President of any African country. As a result, South Africa is not the disaster that most of the rest of Africa is.

Mandela could have presided over a bloodbath that would have made the Mau Maus look like choir boys. I still believe that Obama Sr. was a Mau Mau otherwise he would never have been let into Kenyatta's government. On the otherhand, the presidency of South Africa has passed to 3 successive men without incident. The whites of South Africa mourn Mandela's passing because he would not permit retribution although it would have been easy to justify. How many of you would have been as magnanimous as he after 27 years of political imprisonment?

Step back and look at Mandela from all sides. He was a truly great man. I also did not think so for many years but his legacy verifies it and stands as testimony to his humility and greatness.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Brian, I like most of the stuff you post, but as an American, living in South Africa, calling Mandela a terrorist is a lot like calling the American Patriots who fought against British oppression terrorists.

Was it not the exact same situation?

His fight was against a government that was oppressive and unjust against a certain faction of the population. Blacks could not vote, and they made up 80% of the population.

The white population in South Africa is damn lucky Mandela's government didn't treat them like they treated blacks when they were in power.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Thank God that we, the United States of America never had to kill, maime and "terrorize" for our freedom. Clean as Lilly White flowers.

blade819

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have several friends who visit SA regularly. There is a quote from one: The only thing the Africans hate more than whites...is each other. True statement. Seems to have traveled across the pond here....think Detroit and Chicago. Zimbabwe, under Robert Mugabe, is starving to death. He took all the white owned property and farms and ceded them to the blacks. Now they can't feed themselves. According to ones in the know, SA is headed the same route. If you want to go, go NOW! Kidnappings are rampant and whites are not safe in many, many areas of the bigger cities. Crime is an epidemic. Again, think Detroit and Chicago. The upperclass is fleeing the country at an extraordinary rate. I give the country 5 years, 10 at the most, to be where the rest of Africa is at economically and socially. Unbelievably(note sarcasm), the govt., which is mostly run by the black segment now, is WILDLY corrupt. So, with all of this, was the transfer of Apartheid SA to a Democratic SA a good thing? Most say yes. I say the proof is in the pudding. A crazy beautiful place that is,most likely IMO, going down the shitter. As an old History prof once said: We shall see!. Btw, I give this country about 40 yrs. until it dies the same agonizingly painful and ignominious death. Luckily for me, I will be dead by then. I shudder when I recall that I supported and defended this country for as long as I did. This is not what I signed up for, nor what I envisioned. I guess I am a relic and irrelevant now anyway. Makes me want to cry. So long, the good,old US of A. I knew ye well!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Older I get, the more I think, likely all if not almost all "ethnic"/national groups have at one time been the oppressors or the oppressed depending upon the era.

As a well known So-Cal trapshooter once said, and wisely: "Sometimes you are the bug, sometimes you are the windshield."

Mankind still truly needs to grow up.

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
Obama ordered the US Flag to be flown at half staff for 10 days in honor of Mandela.

He disrespected Margaret Thatcher when she passed away. No flags at half staff.

What will Obama do when Fidel Castro dies?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
From what I've read and from 1st hand accounts of people I know who have been to So Africa the country is being run into the ground. Imagine that, a country with diamonds coming out of the ground being bankrupt and chaotic.

Darr

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Read URL above!!

Governor Branstad ordered flags to be flown at half staff from 5:00PM tonight 12-6-2013 to 8:00 AM Monday 12-9-2013 in honor of Pearl Harbor day and the Greatest Generation to have lived in our country..

Now the nit wit in DC pulls this crap........As much as I hate to admit it I am having serious thought of running the flag back up to full staff. No disrespect to Mandela but after all he is NOT a citizen of the USA.

Bill

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
I have never been to South Africa. I'm sure Mandela did alot for his country, and paid a price with jail time. So be it. Martin Luther King tried to do alot for his people in this country, and he paid a price for it with his life. So be it. We have tried to name every street, boulevard, highway, tollway, park etc., in this country, in honor of MLK. Do we have to do the same for Mandela?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts