Trapshooters Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I use a Benelli M2 20 gauge camo I've added a few cosmetic items oversize button , oversize bolt handle magazine cap weight and trigger job . This is my all round hunting gun . I few years back I decided to get a hunting gun one I didn't worry about scratching the wood . I happen to pick up a Nellie M 2 and the raised rib was spot on. All I had to do was add a few toe out shims and a different LOP pad and it fit like a glove. Only down fall is when I shoot alot of Win AA SC loads which cycle 🌩 fast with the 25° + wolf spring my shoulder knows it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Beretta 303 for waterfowl and small game (one of the best if not the best semi auto's ever made, my opinion ) Taken that 303 all over the country ,never a problem never. Nikko Golden Eagle 20ga o/u for doves and small game. Light and pretty. .

·
Banned
K-80 Trap Special
45 Posts
Lost the bird dog a few years ago haven't been hunting since, but a model 21 winchester vent rib gun.

·
Registered
255 Posts
More often than not...I grab my 1995 Beretta A303...that gun fits me like the proverbial custom made glove...
Wood Composite material Gun accessory Musical instrument accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been shooting the Ruger Red Label my folks bought me in 1988 for my 16th birthday for everything. But these days Ive migrated toward small gauge over unders and old damascus English side by sides.

·
Premium Member
Krieghoff K-80 standard trap (32"/34" unsingle) & Beretta ASE-90 (29 1/2" tubed set)
854 Posts
I used to use a hand-me-down Remington 1100, but I hated looking for fired hulls; just never liked to leave hulls on the land I was lucky enough to hunt on.

Then in 1981, when I started shooting clay-targets, I bought a Winchester 101 "field grade" with screw-in WinChokes. That was my target gun, until I moved into some higher grade models, and never carried that "high-dollar" (LOL) Winchester out in the field. Been shooting K-80's for MANY years, and my original Winchester Field-Grade is my go-to gun for wing-shooting ! It's seen a LOT of rounds fired thru it, and is still a joy to shoot. Just wish I had more chances to hunt, seems like I am shooting more targets that live birds these days, but it is always ready for another hunt.

Mike* (MH*)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a few to choose from but I always go with my Remington 870. 12 gauge, 26 inch barrel, IC choke.
It just feels comfortable in my hands.
I love to shoot trap with my 3200 but at my age it's a bit heavy to carry all day.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts