Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
923 Posts
Occasionally find a handful when scrounging thru AA CF hulls if lucky enough to find the red ones. They were a real head turner back in the '70s @ meat shoots. If you got into a shoot off regardless of what shells you used for qualifying all you had to do was let your competitors see those black shells as you approached the shoot off. Just the sight of them was enough to get into some of their heads.

· Registered
15,221 Posts
I believe I've read here they were discontinued pretty quickly because they liked to come apart and wedge themselves in the barrel. You're looking at 50 year old hulls, not worth the risk of messing around with.

· Premium Member
8,260 Posts
I believe I've read here they were discontinued pretty quickly because they liked to come apart and wedge themselves in the barrel. You're looking at 50 year old hulls, not worth the risk of messing around with.
They were in production for I believe three years.

They did not come apart but rather cracked/split down the tube but more consistently in the crimp area.

The tremendous recoil was a factor in their demise. That and poor hull quality (substantially more reloaders then) terminated their existence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.