Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What

When TRAP shooting Singles on windy days what techniques do you use ? Example: Hold Points, Shot size, Shooting Quicker, Chokes...etc..

Thanks for any input.... Nick

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it's windy, you can't wait too long to shoot. If you wait until the target has started to lose energy, your in trouble. If the wind is steady, it will be alot easier to judge when to shoot than if the conditions are gusty. INeil

·
Registered
708 Posts
wind in the face, gun in the case.. not really, i always wondered how to shoot when it's calm..... in Ks, the wind seems to always blow

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I had a pro tell me that if you change your style of shooting( shoot quicker of later )it may work for a bit, but only a pro can handle changes for a long time. Best to stay with your style and watch the bird and not vary from your shooting style or timing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm not a competitive shooter but, I think it's a blast shooting when the winds are whipping 25+ mph. I love it when you pull the trigger and the bird jumps up 3-4 feet and miss - cause of the wind? Gives me a better "look" when I go shoot pheasant or chukars.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Formula for disaster= start changing anything with your style and equipment. THis isn't the day/time you want to question your confidence.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wouldn't change anything. I keep my head on the stock,, call my target,, and kill it when it comes out... Don't try and shoot quicker or slower, everyone has their own shooting style, just keep your own shooting style and try to stay consistant with the way you have always shot.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
One of my best friends tends to slow down when it gets real windy-keeps his head down and shoots where the bird is-not where it was.

I tend to speed up and often shoot where they were-not where they are.

My buddy has over 30 ATA 200's-way more than me. I'll let you be the judge what is more correct!!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Re-read pheasantmaster's and RDM's posts again, carefully.... They have just given you the best, and correct advice..... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.