Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the Hood river Icecicle and tha last event is the long Bomb... 8 Birds from a minimum of 75 yds to the trap. Rule number one...any shotgun/shell combo run whatcha brung and hope it,s big enuff..

Robert

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Old Winchester AA or Remington STS hull, Winchester primer, 33grains HS-6 powder (fka Winchester 540), 1-1/4 ounce of 6s, yellow 1-1/4 Winchester wad.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
37 grns Bluedot, 1 1/2 # nickel plated 5 or 4's, Fed 209, Paper hull. Thats a common load there. But they put buffern in with the shot too. You will see some of the biggest boomers and longest shots made you ever saw

·
Registered
178 Posts
I second the Fiocchi GPX nickel plated #5's. We do a parking lot shoot at our club Pot shoot, and they are the winning load every time!! Cory

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
We can only use trap loads at my club, but if anything goes, premium #6 2 oz turkey loads in a 3" shell. And my 1187 camo field gun has a monte carlo stock on it, so it can be used as my backup trap gun.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,769 Posts
Nice part about that game is, you're only shooting 8 of 'em; but I like Peterson's 1 1/2 of #5's.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
cuban, 37 grains of Blue Dot? And you can shoot more than one? LOL What kind of gun you shooting this dynamite through?????

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Bisi, Oh hell no. I dont but lots of guys do over there at the icicle shoot. I stick with my 7625 loads. at 70 years old I have learned a couple things LOL

·
Registered
776 Posts
Cuban, blue Dot scares me. A number of years ago I bought a pound of the stuff to beef up some crow loads. It was if I recall some where around 37 grains. Lordy! Nasty kick and the fire flew 2 feet out the barrel. I thought I might have had a double charge in a shell but they were all the same. That ended BlueDot.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Cuban, thats definetly a load you wish the competition would use.lol I've got one memorable blue dot story from 30t years ago. Most of the pound is still out in the shelf.

·
Registered
501 Posts
We used to load 36 gr blue dot and 1 3/8oz #5's in peters blue magics. Wicked on ducks. If you went much hotter it would start backing the primers out.

Todd

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I load 39.5 of Blue with 1-1/4oz of shot in both Federal papers and plastic Wally World game hulls and estates. My girlfriend is who's 5ft-4 is not above pulling these out of her hip pocket for forth, fifth or six shot in an Annie or in shoot off's. The 1-3/8 only comes out in wind and hail conditions. The rest of the time she bumps along 24.5 1-1/4 Unique or sometimes a 1-1/8 of some stuff.

Surfer

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I you have a flinch I don't think I would try eight of them but Federal makes a 2 3/4" turkey load,buffered 1 5/8 copper plated 6's 4 1/4 dram I believe,it will break targets from a long ways out.Jerry

·
Registered
849 Posts
Gold Medal plastic, 31 gr. HS-7, red AA, 1 5/8 buff, copper 4 in M-12. Kinda slow, but won't hurt you or the gun. 3 for 3 from 75 yds.

buz

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.