Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What

I typically always hear people saying that the corners are the hardest stations. I know this is on a shooter-by-shooter basis, but to me I definitely have to say that the hardest station is smack dab in the middle. Station 3 is, by far, the hardest station. On all the other stations they will all come out straight or left, or straight or right, so you at least can anticipate and know which direction you are going. But station 3, it can go right or left 24 degrees from where you're standing. I find myself missing more birds here than on any other station combined.
Thoughts?
-Trappy

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm a 'lefty', and don't have too much problem with 1 & 5, but on 2 if I get a target anywhere from straight out of the hole to half left things get tricky...if the target is a little high as well... I just kiss my azz goodbye. FWIW. Cheers-Graham.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
In both ATA and bunker Station 3 straight away.. The "cure".. was to set up.. NOT in the middle..but a little to the left or right of center.. Then.. I'm my own worst enemy.. When I see the easy target.. I still panic..

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
In both ATA and bunker Station 3 straight away.. The "cure".. was to set up.. NOT in the middle..but a little to the left or right of center.. Then.. I'm my own worst enemy.. When I see the easy target.. I still panic..

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
Much of trap shooting is mind over matter. My guess is if you have a "hardest Station" you will never be an AA shooter or higher.

GS

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
Much of trap shooting is mind over matter. My guess is if you have a "hardest Station" you will never be an AA shooter or higher.

GS

·
Registered
758 Posts
"Much of trap shooting is mind over matter. My guess is if you have a "hardest Station" you will never be an AA shooter or higher."

ABSOLUTELY agree.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Trappy:

When I was having a problem with misses on 3, it was because I was moving the gun before I saw the bird above my barrel. Took a long time to figure that out, and never did until I started working with Britt Robinson. He's the one who nailed it. I was reacting to seeing the bird in my peripheral vision instead of seeing it whole above my barrel. I would overshoot it every time. Not saying this is your problem, but a straightaway on 3 has the least movement.

As for my hardest station now... the one where I get lazy and allow my mind to wander. It varies.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
It seems the tuff ones come and go. Sometimes it's one station then it swiches to another. Perhaps, Pat is right. The one your standing on is hardest at the time your standing on it. Take one for granted and you will hear LOST.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry Lead Man, I seldom miss the hard rights!
shot410, I would have to say that I definitely agree with that.
Shot well today though! And with a ridiculous windchill I can't complain!
-Trappy

E

·
0 Posts
Lately I've been struggling a bit with 3 High. But then again 5 Low still represents a problem every once in a while.

ec90t

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.