Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
My FFL charges $20.00 for the first gun and $5.00 for each additional gun on the same background check. Use the FFL finder on Gunbroker and find one in your area that is not trying to get rich on transfers.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
25 is what my guy charges.

I've paid worse fees in life. Makes the libs happy.

Wonder what the dirtbags knocking off old ladies walking their dogs and liquor stores pay?

Think they even go through an FFL??

Only the good guys do the right thing, hence Good guys.

The bad guys are buying junk or stolen ghats from the street corner "FFL" free of the Federal fees.

· Registered
1,022 Posts
I charge $25 and if anyone think that to much you need to get a FFL yourself. We are the ones with the paper work and open to inspection at any time. I do not understand some people. If you think about it would you pay a morgage and lights for someone to buy else where. IMO Ronnie

· Registered
230 Posts
My local sporting goods store used to charge me $25.00 per transaction and I used him a lot to buy and sell guns. He seemed to get mad when he saw a really nice custom stocked model 12 trap that was restocked in English Walnut with some carving on the stock that I bought from an out of state seller.

He then raised his price to $40.00. Since then I quit buying and selling guns on-line. The lower priced guns I tend to sell at local clubs outright and the more expensive guns I have Jaqua's in Ohio sell for me. They keep 15% but they mail and insure the guns and they are able to get a slightly better price for them then I can get by selling them on-line. It is about the same money and I don't have to fool with them.

6,495 Posts
Ronnie... good for you speaking up... everybody is a businessman or thinks they know how to run a business... either you do it at a profit or you're out of business...

I had one guy who charges $27 (including the NICS call), and another who charges $40, but is a lot closer to home and saves the gas... 6 of one, half-dozen of another...

What's it worth to ensure you're being transferred a legal firearm?!

Jay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.