Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
RWS 350 Diana magnum 22cal pellet rifle 3X9 Leapers shooting RWS 14.2 gr SUPER-H-POINT pellets with the assist of a squirrel-hating Boston Terrier that literally sleeps at the patio door in wait for the next visitor. We won't divulge "kill" numbers but living within City limits along a tree-lined river they are now in the hundreds.:cool:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
When I could still see, a Marlin .22 with a large aperature rear peep sight. These days I need a low power scope. I shoot whatever ammo I have, usually .22 LR.

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
When I was younger, squirrel hunting was my favorite type of hunting.
I used a 10/22 with a 3-9 scope on it. It was deadly accurate.
Great gun! Hauxfan!

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,409 Posts
17hmr. Head shots only.
22lr if I’m going to be less selective. Usually plinking from the sliding door at my parents house. Haven’t been dedicated squirrel hunting in several years

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
1957 Winchester Model 63 with grooved receiver and a 4X Weaver steel scope. Like semi-autos since they can't hear any action cycling sound.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I like a pcp air rifle. Plenty of power for squirrels and deadly accurate to 50-60 yards. I recently head shot a cotton tail with it at 51 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Savage-Anschutz 141 Sporter. 64 action. BSA (ugh) Sweet 22 scope zeroed at 50 yards. Once zeroed, don't clean. CCI Mini mag hp. 3/8" at 50 yd. Light, accurate and pretty. On my farm the bushytails head for the hills when it comes out of the case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I want squirrel for dinner I shoot them with a Ruger 10/22. When I'm not hungry I shoot at them with a 22/45. 😁

·
Registered
61 Posts
agree on the CZ 452. .22 for sure as .17 damages meat. NOt a better rifle made for the money. wonderful bluing you won't find on any American made rifle and they shoot like the dickens..

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
agree on the CZ 452. .22 for...
You need to be cautious here - the early 452/453 variants were well made, the receivers were made from tube steel, great barrels (albeit the 452 trigger needed work). The more recent ones' receivers look liked they were made from thin wall pipe... The newest versions (I forget the new numbering) have a lot of plastic in them...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Took my son squirrel hunting with me for the first time this weekend. He is 3 1/2 and just learning to shoot his bb gun so I did the shooting for now. Took the Marlin m60 22 lr my parents gave me when I was around 8 or 9. We only got 2 but he had a great time. He did awesome and is excited to go again.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
CZ 457 Varmint

Vertebrate Leaf Wood Mammal Plant

41 - 60 of 64 Posts