Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good one TEX, but Steve has it right. Lower unit is pulled off getting a re-build. JD

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ask how long the rebuild will last.

How long is the guarantee?

Ask if it would be better to buy a new lower unit.

Neighbor was told they can not get all the metal shavings out and was recommended to buy a new lower unit.

He bought the new lower unit. Ray......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HM You are correct. This is my 3rd boat and I have shoveled money into every one of them. Why do I like to fish? One does start to wonder. JD

·
Registered
769 Posts
"2 happiest days of a trap shooters life ... the day he sells his boat and the day he buys another shotgun"
Lumper, sold one gun, buying another and sold my boat all in the same few days. Must be one of those "happy days"....lol.

JD, bummer on the lower unit woes. Maybe a good time to step up to the more bulletproof HP housing?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey JD check around on the net there are a couple of after market company that make replacement lower units with good wanrty like PMC Marine ,Pro Marine here in FL and a couple others companys the dealer is going nail you for top dollars it will be cheaper to get a rebuilt unit instead of haveing the old one repaired (X marine mech).also any boat repair shop can change the unit it's not a big deal it's done all the time to change the water pump it's the same type of job.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.