Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What

I picked up 8LB jug of Red Dot and have never used it before. I know how to find what loads it will do but I wondered what your favorite load was. I use primarily AA hulls. Jackie B.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Sixteen or seventeen grains with factory components. The lighter ones with Federal 209A primers, the heavier with Winchester primers. That's for 1 1/8 oz. With the Federal primers they go off in any weather and we are getting -18 F by the end of the week.

Neil

·
Registered
801 Posts
17.5 grains of red dot,Aa or a clone AA wad,Winchester or cheddite primer has been a stand by load for as long as I can remember.Shot a lot of it in warm and cold weather with no problems.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
18.3 grains of Red Dot, Spolar Gold wad, Winchester or Cheddite primer and 1 1/8 oz shot ... werks fer me!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
18 gr with 1 oz, 20 gr with 7/8 oz Bunker loads.

Am experimenting with 18 gr and 3/4 oz, using tighter chokes for sporting clays.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
17.5 gr. Red dot, Oz & eighth 7.5s,Winchester primer, cb1118 wad,AA hull. My favorite load. Crush em. Bill

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your responses. I will pick a couple and try them out but first I have to check what wads I have. LOL I have a couple of them at least, like waa12 and several Claybuster wads. I think I will try 17gr and 18.5 gr. Again thanks for your responses. Jackie B.

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
I and several of the guys I shoot with use this load

18.5 gr RD
DownRange Jammer XL-1 wad
1oz. 7.5 shot

I use either Cheddite or Win primer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts