Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What

Have a French ? 12 Ga.Over & under. No name but has French proof marks. Elaborately engraved, 30" barrels, solid rib, shiny bores, stamped 48, 70 & 65, small ding in top barrel and rib, has ejectors. Gun fires, everything works.

Receiver has double triggers, Browning lug system in the bottom and a Krieghoff top latch, locks up tight.

Wood needs refinishing and checkering recut, cheek piece for right hand shooter, brass crest on other side, no initials. Pad is old and shot. 13 3/4" LOP to front trigger. I see a little rib when I mount it.

Any info or pricing appreciated

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
is that a crack or a scratch in the left side plate?
never seen one. cant help. but thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is indeed a Petrik, and a higher grade/finish than normally seen....French gunmaker/designer....
I think his full name was Boniface Petrik.....

Remington engineer and designer Crawford C. Loomis "borrowed" heavily from Petrik's patents in the late 20's-early 30's while bringing the Model 32 O/U into production.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Fanciest Petrik I have seen. I don't know if that means much, since there isn't a lot of interest in them. I would like to own one.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
About 10 years ago, I sold a 16ga. Petrik to Deiter Kreighoff at the Vintage Cup in Sandanona. It was in very nice shape and I seem to recall he paid about $1000-1200. Your gun is a higher grade side plated gun. The dent hurts but I'll take a flyer and estimate it at around 2K at auction. There is no established market for a gun such as this.It could bring more or less! It is considered an forerunner/inspiration for the Model 32 Rem and all similar guns that followed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.