Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Club's been tested 100000-120000 on the ground. Any Miners have some info in percentage splits?

loamy sand soil with some ash.

7 trap field.

Brady Gies

·
Registered
726 Posts
Our club did a 60/40 split with the miner getting the 60. They had to do some clearing though as much of it was in a stand of scrub pines.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Not a fair question Brady as every club has a different set of circumstances. Some clubs would be an easy job and some are very difficult. Good luck,Bob

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Your biggest problem will be determining what the ACTUAL weight of reclaimed product is. My experience was that the fox was in charge of the hen house.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
APrice, Sorry but can't help but answer that one. I have no idea where you are from or who you dealt with. When Steve Ricketts did our club we received a copy of every bill of lading from Doe Run. Our club turned out to be much more difficult than expected even after Steve and I walked all of the propertyon two different occasions together. You never know whats under the surface until you start digging. They worked hard for their money, I just hope it was worth it for their sake, they treated us as a club well.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Unless the "miner" is slipping it out in his trouser pockets, there isn't much fox theft. Once those barrels are up on the back of the trailer, there isn't much shovelin' off to speak of, and certified scales on the buyer end. We did a 2/3-1/3 deal, the miner's been here almost a year, digging between rains and shooters. I don't think I'd come back here if I was him. Smallish range and we share some range with metallic, so finding a time to dig and shake is hard. He did most of it between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. when no shooting was going on at all.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,257 Posts
P.M.sent.

Terry

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Ay our club, the highest we could get was 30%. That miner took three times longer to finish than promised and only took the easy stuff. I had it remined by EnRange, who told me up front he could only pay 25% because of all the earth and shale he had to move to get to the remaining shot. Even so, the club made more money from EnRange and it was paid promptly. That is A LOT more than I can say for Preston Engineering, the first miner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts