Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
As I recall,761 had all metal dies and a lower/less elevated base--762 had the same lower base but utilized some plastic dies. 8567 has plastic dies and a higher base. Hope this helps--you can also check the mec website which shows pics/schematics of both styles. Regards Bob

·
Registered
264 Posts
The base on the 761 was also longer than the current one but the width of the flanges of the two bases are the same. I think the two had different grips on the operating handle, the 761 used plastic, the current model is wood.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
My early production 8567 had metal dies, and the crimp starter was the metal die with the brass insert for 6 or 8 fold hulls. I actually replaced it with the black plastic crimp starter that did a great job. My buddy has that press now and I am using a 761 that works just fine. One day I'll have to set them side by side, but from here I do not remember much difference. I cannot verify the handles, as both have been replaced with a 6 inch longer pipe with a thick foam grip that I like for leverage. They are both good, long lasting presses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts