Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the men's & women's shooting vest? The reason I ask is that I am looking for a shooting vest for my 10 yr. old son. There are very few choices of youth shooting vest, but there are some very nice women's vest on the market. I was thinking a small women's vest would fit him fine, but I was wondering what was different about them and if it would matter. Any help would be appreciated.
Tim

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me I know what a woman looks like, but looking at the different vest, the vest looked like they were cut the same. Some vests are even advertised as womens or youth. I really didn't want to ask this question, but now I know.
Tim

·
Registered
480 Posts
Take your vest to a tailor and have it replicated to his dimensions. Kind of a father-son team look. When he outgrows that one, put it away in safe keeping or frame it to preserve the memories.

I prefer women’s vests; especially on some women!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Recurvy:

Would you mind defining a couple of others please. Or Maybe a picture I've been told its worth 1000 words .

Martin :)

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Its a kid, put a vest on him and say nothing more about it ... He will be happy and you will be also... Just hope it don't change his mind as to his gender or you'll be sorry you didn't invest in a mans vest ...

P.S. I'm glad your not my Dad ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
811 Posts
As long as it fits him ok, doesn't matter whether mens or womens.

If you have it custom made, take into consideration room for growth.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
What is a matter with the world we now live in ... to think your even considering putting a ladies vest on your son or is he already showing signs of wearing other ladies garments and it is just inevitable or ... well ... hes your kid and your the one that will warp his mind by the way you dress him.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about just buy him a shell pouch and never have to worry about him growing out of it ? The recoil pads in the vests don't do much. A shell pouch will fit in any weather. Let him shoot in a t-shirt, sweatshirt, sweater, light jacket...whatever the weather dictates.

Heres an interesting pouch/apron from mec. It's like the lower portion of a vest. Two big front pockets, rear pouch with zipper bottom.

http://www.conniescomponents.com/shooting_apron.html

·
Registered
627 Posts
The difference between men's and women's vests is primarily in the bust and waist. When I make a custom ladies vest it is cut on antirely different pattern from a men's vest. The pattern has a dart cut in to allow for the bust and darts to narrow the waist. Women are also generally shorter in the waist than a man of similar height and the patterns allow for this also.
Incidentally, I make vests down to a 26" chest for men to accomodate youngsters.

Chuck Dietl, Plessinger Sportswear

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice Knobs Recurvy!! come to think of it I like nothing more than to see a female (shooter or not) only wearing a vest,(a mesh vest please) so then when I call pull...! yowee!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.