Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking online for 9 mm ammo can't find any everyone is sold out and the local gun shops are nuts with there prices.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
All the websites basically show it is sold out. If you want it you will have to pay retail prices now.

If you have a relationship with your local gun store owner you probably can get it at a discount for being a good patron otherwise you are just another transaction.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
A true story. A friend was offered a trade of toilet paper for 9mm ammo.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
sgammo.com has it is stock right now. Of course, an increased price over two months ago but a lot less than many other places. They are a great family owned company to deal with.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
My brother will trade 9mm ammo for a new freezer. His went on the fritz last week and he has been many places looking for a new freezer and everyone is sold out.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
It amazes me that a post from the op shows up 6 to 8 weeks after the covid crap started really affecting the nation. Runs on ammo, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, soup ,etc have been talked about at length on the internet and the media for the entire time. Some areas have been affected more and some less with hoarding and at different times. What is the next silly post going to be? “Why does my grocery store have so little meat on the shelf? “ What rock would you have to be living under to be so out of touch?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It amazes me that a post from the op shows up 6 to 8 weeks after the covid crap started really affecting the nation. Runs on ammo, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, soup ,etc have been talked about at length on the internet and the media for the entire time. Some areas have been affected more and some less with hoarding and at different times. What is the next silly post going to be? “Why does my grocery store have so little meat on the shelf? “ What rock would you have to be living under to be so out of touch?

If he had no reason to have looked for 9mm since then it would probably be a surprise. It's one of those things (like toilet paper) that you don't really go shopping for until you need. But the toilet paper shortages are well-known from watching the news. The evening news doesn't talk about 9mm or any other ammo unless someone is trying to ban it.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
If he had no reason to have looked for 9mm since then it would probably be a surprise. It's one of those things (like toilet paper) that you don't really go shopping for until you need. But the toilet paper shortages are well-known from watching the news. The evening news doesn't talk about 9mm or any other ammo unless someone is trying to ban it.
What?? What news do you watch? Been stuff about guns and ammunition hoarding in the news for months now. Refer to my above post. Geez I’ve got a headache now.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Actually it was on the news. Along with most any internet site that was gun related including here.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
THere's a book published in 1981 titled. "The Alpha Strategy: The Ultimate Plan of Financial Self-Defense", by John A. Pugsley

Basically, he describes a strategy of buying and holding consumable commodities that are stable and likely to go up. The book mentions nails, sock, underwear, handkerchiefs.

My uncle used to buy saw blades whenever he found a deal. When he died we carried boxes of unused blades out of his shop. Some were marked $0.69 and we knew they were selling for a couple of dollars at the time he died. I'm not a brilliant economist but I began following the idea 15 years ago. I bought boxes of 9mm - good brand - when they were around $7.00 per box. Same approach with .22LR. Of course, I'd like more but I have enough for now.

·
Super Moderator
5,234 Posts
Most people are just like the OP.

Instead of having a decent supply of something, like 9mm ammunition, or toilet paper, they run their own version of a "just in time" inventory system.

So they have a box or two, or maybe 100 rounds, because they only shoot maybe 20 rounds every now and then and pick up a new box when that one gets low.

Or they have a four-pack of toilet paper because, "Hey, I can just go down to the store and get more."

Then something happens, and they stand around dumbfounded.

If this latest panic, in a long list of "panics," doesn't change how a lot of people approach life, then they deserve whatever happens to them.

I just got an email from a national supplier. One thousand round bulk CCI 115gr 9mm for $250.

"But I just want a box of 20."

Keep wanting then.

·
Registered
31,767 Posts
Another reason you cannot have too many calibers. Maybe a 4 or 5 shot 410 with a 14 inch barrel. Fires 4 - ooo buck, per round, easy to reload with round in the chamber . But then maybe some would say non existent problem, don’t need anything bigger than a 22.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts