Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen anyone posting anything on the Cardinal Classic. I assume all kinds of shooting and attendance records are being broken.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Haven't seen anyone posting anything on the Cardinal Classic. I assume all kinds of shooting and attendance records are being broken.
Quite a bit of rain. Good targets and lots of fun. You should try to attend.
Probably not a lot of posts as it just gets the "haters" all fired up. Much easier to just enjoy the shoot.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Ohio state trapshooting assoc. signed another 10 contract. They gave away a browning 725 for a dollar entry. Also gave away a golf cart for a dollar entry. Targets have been excellent. All of the gun, reloading, shell, target, manufactures and gun smiths/ stock fitters are here. All the powder wads and primers. Shot is still $34.00.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It looks like the attendance is down, lots of high scores. There are 50-60 people getting punches in each hdcp event. In yesterday's singles there were 1007 shooters.

Pat

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
Quite a bit of rain. Good targets and lots of fun. You should try to attend.
Probably not a lot of posts as it just gets the "haters" all fired up. Much easier to just enjoy the shoot.
I really don't see many haters against the Cardinal, that's mostly saved for Sparta.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
The Grand at Sparta this year was real fortunate the rain held off for the most part. The two days following the Grand, I had 7.5" of rain. It would have been a disaster had that amount of rain occurred during Grand week.

It appears the Cardinal Center was not as lucky this year. That same rain must have hit right during their shoot.

You can't stop Mother Nature.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Great shoot. WINDY today. The caps and doubles were a dippen and a diving. Yes they did have some good scores. Did not see my name on the list. Good targets all week. Things went smooth except for the power outage the other day and the rain and the rain and more rain. Then I forgot the hot and humioh wait the really humid days with sweat in your eyes.

Seven sisters donuts were not effected and were still good. motordoc

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
560 Posts
I HAD A GREAT TIME! I shot a few decent scores. I enjoy it every year I attend the cardinal classic. Its a 525 mile drive for me but worth it. The vendors were plentiful as usual. Targets were nice, but I didn't shoot today ( Sunday) . I heard the winds were messing with the targets, but that's mother nature. I stayed dry the entire time I was there. Saw a lot of friends from all over. Thanks for a fun shoot. Bernie

·
Registered
300 Posts
First time ever shooting in Ohio and will say EVERYTHING is first class. Was fortunate enough to stay on the grounds and really enjoyed the facilities and hospitality of everyone. Shoot was well ran and great targets. This place is definitely one of the premier gun clubs in the United States and those involved have every right to be proud of what they have done here. People went out of their way to make my Dad and I feel welcomed. Thank you to all who helped make this a great experience. I hope we can return some day. Even shot the bunker one day and helped some others who were trying it for the first time.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Great shoot. WINDY today. The caps and doubles were a dippen and a diving. Yes they did have some good scores. Did not see my name on the list. Good targets all week. Things went smooth except for the power outage the other day and the rain and the rain and more rain. Then I forgot the hot and humioh wait the really humid days with sweat in your eyes.

Seven sisters donuts were not effected and were still good. motordoc
I only got to shoot one day, but at least it was in motordoc's hcp squad on Tuesday. We were lucky to get done before the big rain.

Doug

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Doug,
Sorry you and Dad missed your second day of shooting, 2 hours later weather was real pleasant, but was a sort of offset to be in a roundstand conversation with the famous Nichols guy? Was good to see him, even with his story of him feeding the wildlife,,,
DaveB Ohio

1 - 20 of 27 Posts