Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Federal paper hull with Federal 209A primer,26.5 grains of Unique and a 12C1 wad with1-1/8 oz of #6 shot = 1310 FPS at 9000 psi.

·
Banned
715 Posts
7/8 oz of 3's in a 4" plastic over paper hull.......shot by someone that knows how to shoot long targets and that being , not me !
I prefer long target games shoots as the Lions share of the fun is watching the smile on
winners faces as they take my money !

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I'd just get some of George's shells,
I never changed speed or shot volume moving back, Just learned the shell.

DGH

·
Registered
104 Posts
Overseas in our Benelli 1019's we had and alternating load of lockbusters and 00 buck in the tube. Performed well for a little of the 'wet work'.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The load of 6's your gun likes best and lots of practice so you know where it shoots. A really good pattern is more important than speed. 1 1/8 oz works fine.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Up to the 27 yd, just regular handicap 7-1/2's. Off the concrete, 1-1/4oz 7-1/2's at 1250-1300fps. Past the light poles and beyond, 1-3/8ths of Copper 6's using LongShot at 1330fps with 10grns of Ballistics Products buffer. I use the same load with ITX shot 4's and kill geese like it is lead at measured distances I don't dare say here but are witnessed.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Overseas in our Benelli 1019's we had and alternating load of lockbusters and 00 buck in the tube. Performed well for a little of the 'wet work'.
I don't feel you understand what the OP is asking. He is not referring to a home defense load. This is for shooting claybirds, not dirty birds!!!

Reactions: hankd

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have a question that may sound dumb but what does adding buffer material to the load do?
It fills the interstices in the shot pellets to cushion them from each other. This tends to lessen deformation during firing. Less pellet deformation means less flyers in the pattern

John

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Since none of the clubs I've shot at allow anything other than ATA legal shells, STS Nitro 27 7.5 for Protection and Annies. They will break a 70 yard White Flyer bird, the only kind thrown around here. Other, harder targets may require more energy. In permitted, I'd use any of the Winchester Supreme shells 2 3/4" that contained #6 copper plated, buffered hard shot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny thing is I shoot protection and use AA handicap for both first and second shot. Get back to the 50 yard shoot off pad and use 32 grains longshot 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 6's. Reached in my pocket for first shoot off and only had line load. Broke three straight with my factory line load. My surprise. Might be a little light for pickup at that distance but works great for first shot.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I like the clubs that give you the ammo to shoot. So breaking the target is a test of shooting ability not what load you can dream up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts