Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I'm being a smarty butt, but it's like my dad said back in the 60's when moonshine went to $7.50 a GALLON (no kidding, it was a barber shop discussion). He said IT'S NEVER BROUGHT WHAT IT"S WORTH!
Same with a 870. Great guns--can't wear one out.
Yours is a NICE one.
Sorry-couldn't help
Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm being a smarty butt, but it's like my dad said back in the 60's when moonshine went to $7.50 a GALLON (no kidding, it was a barber shop discussion). He said IT'S NEVER BROUGHT WHAT IT"S WORTH!
Same with a 870. Great guns--can't wear one out.
Yours is a NICE one.
Sorry-couldn't help
Jim
Thank You Jim, I knew this answer was coming. Just needed a little more help, I have the chance to but it just trying to avoid getting burned. I do Appreciate the comment!

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
What's it worth?
View attachment 1720498 View attachment 1720499 View attachment 1720501 View attachment 1720502
"Anton Stock"
"Money Ball Rib"
All the information I can provide. (12 Gauge)
An 870TB is worth maybe $450 in that condition, $500 if you really wanted it.

A field grade Wingmaster about $350. Your gun appears to have started out like this.

Now do you want a stock like that and does it fit you well? Then add what that's worth to you.

Do you want a high rib and know for sure that it will work for you? Then add what you think that's worth.

My opinion is on that guns best day it might bring $600.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An 870TB is worth maybe $450 in that condition, $500 if you really wanted it.

A field grade Wingmaster about $350. Your gun appears to have started out like this.

Now do you want a stock like that and does it fit you well? Then add what that's worth to you.

Do you want a high rib and know for sure that it will work for you? Then add what you think that's worth.

My opinion is on that guns best day it might bring $600.

That is what I needed to hear, Just needed more reassuring before I made a impulse purchase. I was thinking they were more around 1k. Thanks Pheasantmaster!

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
I too agree with PM as well. It actually can be harder to sell a shotgun with a custom stock, than with a factory stock!!! Let alone a custom stock, and custom rib. Then add a fixed choke barrel to the shotgun on top of all the custom stuff. Mmm----Fixed chokes don't help in todays marketplace as well. Of course there is a small niche of old trap shooters who prefer it. Good Luck with your Wingmaster. I too have one. I do recommend adding some weight to the Wingmaster. There a bit on the light side for target shooting. A barrel weight from Jim's Eye and Ear can help a bunch. break em all jeff

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I have one and have $600 in it. Wouldn’t sell it at twice the price. I really like it. Does kick like a mule though. A little weight takes it down a lot. Much easier to shoot.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I agree $600 to $700.00 , if you part it out you maybe be ok on a return or getting what you want of it.
Jim Z

·
Registered
596 Posts
I agree with what others have said on the price.

Also, much depends on how it "fits you" and how it "shoots for you".

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I would say about 550, 600 would be" tops" . That looks like an Anton stock . Those are nice pieces of wood and that would be what enhances the value. The added high rib is also worth something . You would have to check the S/N to see if it was a TA grade because they had no identifiers other than the trap stocks on them. Some claim TA grades were "stamped" but according to Remington that was not the case. At any rate that is nice 870.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts