Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cutting UPC Codes from Winchester boxes today for the rebate, the thought came to me. What kind of pocket knife do other people carry.
I have carried a pocket knife since High School. The last 15-20 years it has been a Kershaw SS-Scallion. I keep it sharp and it does it all.

Ron Burdick

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
My grandfather's old old timer 2 blade knife. Broke the blade and reshaped so many times I've now retired the old knife, now I have a cheap rough rider barlow. I've always liked the barlows. I'm really surprised how sharp this thing stays!
1591049548451948893454.jpg

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
While cutting UPC Codes from Winchester boxes today for the rebate, the thought came to me. What kind of pocket knife do other people carry.
I have carried a pocket knife since High School. The last 15-20 years it has been a Kershaw SS-Scallion. I keep it sharp and it does it all.

Ron Burdick
For the past 40 years or more, a Schrade LB7 in a pouch on my right hip, and a variety of pocket clip knives in my left front pocket. At present, it's a cheap Gerber with a liner lock.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

Ron Burdick
For the past 40 years or more, a Schrade LB7 in a pouch on my right hip, and a variety of pocket clip knives in my left front pocket. At present, it's a cheap Gerber with a liner lock.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Three blade Case...I'm 72 and carried one since I was about 12. I have the origional and it has the third set of blades. In the old days Case would replace blades at no charge unless they had been broken...mine never were. The current knife has been in my pocket for about ten years.
I'm like my dad. If you aske me to borrow my knife, I always say "What are you going to do with it?"
A good knife will truly last a lifetime.
My Best
Jim

·
Banned
137 Posts
Moore Maker small Trapper for the past 30 years. Schrade for 35 years before that. We used to win Schrades as a reward in FFA project contests. Times have changed; no more pocket knives for kids these days.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have had the same "Uncle Henry" 3 blade USA made for the last 35 years and carry it every day. Way back when, my favorite Ex wife took it out of my pocket when I was sleeping and used it like a screwdriver and broke the tip of the long blade. She didn't tell me and slipped it back into my pocket. Couple days later I had to use it and noticed I had a knife just like mine, but it was NEW. She went to the hardware store and replaced it. Got my old one back ground the blade back and threw the new one in the drawer.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts