Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Start with 320 wet or dry and keep working until you get to at least 800 then you can start with the buffing wheel and progressively finer compound, it will look like a mirror when done. It is a lot of work.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Jeezzz SBE. Thats how i used to do my semi tanks and wheels. He does that much it will be so bright nobody will be able to shoot with him. The thing will look like a chrome Trap gun. Talk about a glare....

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
If you are not careful, you will end up with a mess that looks like crap. What usually happens is that you start to get it too shiny and then there is no way to dull it back to the satin that it was to begin without really screwing it up. Be warned.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any of the chrome polishes will work, I've also used never dull and magic wadding polish. Flitz works well but you can also use Midways brass polishing compound, the type added to the corn-cob polishing media. If you have a bench grinder that spins at around 900 rpm you can get a rag buffing wheel and it will work with any of the above mentioned polishes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I own an ultimate stainless gold cup.
The best thing I've used is a small piece of Remington lead wipe cloth.
It's a similar process to using a polishing compound and rag, but it seems to work a lot faster.
I think Birchwood Casey sells the same product.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.