Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Rats in the corn crib and not much else. Sure they will break targets but 8's will do everything 9's will do only better. Since they were free shootem for skeet or 16 yd practice

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I don't recommend 7/8 oz of 9s at very long yardage but my weenie loads have broken clays from 27 yards when permitting beginners the opportunity to just see how small a bird appears from long yards. To back up pudgie's point, we have a skilled, 27 yard regular who will try anything at my home club. He cobbled together some similar loads with 7/8 oz of 9s with more velocity than what 17.5 gr. of clays would produce and he was quite amazed at how well they performed.

Jack, the point is go ahead and load those 9s in any flavor you like and shoot them at least at the 16 yard line, skeet, and first shot of doubles......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Someone who does not like me gave me those shells. LOL

I have no idea what I will do with them. I do not have an auto shotgun, and do not care to crack a stock on a Perazzi, or lose my sense of taste while shooting them through my Browning Unsingle Combo. Shoot them through my 870 Police? I think NOT.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
In the 28ga they are great for shooting starlings. Skeet, singles, and short yardage handicap. If you are planning on making a career out of 1 pellet breaks then shooting 9's might not be for you. Jeff

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.