Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Everyone thinks I'm nuts, but they're good for skeet shots, 16 yard trap, short handicap (to at least 20 yards) trap, first shot of doubles trap, and several 5 stand and sporting birds that are close shots. I've posted several 100s with 7/8 oz of 9s from the 16 yard line and truly enjoy the light felt recoil. Know that there are 512 #9 sized pellets in a 7/8 oz load.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I was using a bag of gold for a door stop but when it got expensive I decided to safe it and use a bag of 9's

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I sprinkle a couple of teaspoons full on my Cheerios. Slice up a banana and add some milk. Gives you good roughage and does wonders in reducing cholesterol. Ed

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I won a box of 9s in a raffle. Picked them up by mistake and shot them at 21 in our league. I dropped one but didn't even notice the difference in the breaks on the other 24.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Coach, In warmer weather those 3-3/4 dram 9's are the perfect shell for a single barrel race when shooting flyers.

21 yards and you know which box the bird is coming from. All you have to do is keep it in the ring. Not as easy as it sounds. LOL

Those shells pictured to the left of the 9's are a very good shell. They also work in conjuction with a ring.

As in when some moron tells you to "take off that ring and hand it over". That is when those 9's work the best.

Tom(AJ100)

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
I've broken some good scores shooting an ounce of 9s for singles. 100s included which ain't bad for a stoved up part time shooter. Hap

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.