Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,834 Posts
Not this sh!t again.

Last time we had this discussion, people started fistfights.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Earl did some scoring at the Spartanburg Gun Club and also at the NC Homegrounds in Bostic. We talked about the old days in Pinehurst and he was a pleasure to talk to..

FRedmon

·
Registered
929 Posts
Short shucker, all who know of Earl, know You couldn't carry Earl's shells.

Matt for the record he is one of the best trapshooters that ever drew a breath. As I understand it he made the choice not to return to ATA. I have no hard evidence just word of mouth of a delegate or two that I talked with. Regardless, the character assassination was in poor taste.

I'm sure that somewhere in your lifetime Short Shucker you have made a poor choice or two, so hold the stones huh? J.Woolsey

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"As I understand it he made the choice not to return to ATA. I have no hard evidence just word of mouth of a delegate or two that I talked with."

As I originally understood the situation he was suspended from the ATA for life. Those that thought the punishment to severe and got it reduced. Before that decision was made to not return.

What I find interesting is sandbaggers are hated and there are rule to try to stop them. Yet everyone defends Mr Scripture for what amounts to a higher form of cheating. GEEEEEEZZZZ go figure. Character assassination that is rich.

Bob Lawless

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Just for the record Bob, there are others in the ATA who have performed similar deeds and were welcomed back with open arms!!

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
J.Woosley,

Everyone knows that Earl can shoot, but that has nothing to do with his character. Just like the guy in the never ending bad check thread. He proved he can shoot too, but he's still a cheat and liar.

If Earl didn't do anything wrong he would have never been suspended, right?

I can differentiate between someone being a good shooter, and being a cheat and liar! 'nuff said!

ss

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Someone posted about 4 years ago a rap sheet on Earl for assault on a female that took place in Fla. If there is any truth to this, then it might prohibit him from possessing firearms.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"Just for the record Bob, there are others in the ATA who have performed similar deeds and were welcomed back with open arms!!"

Well Dawg that doesn't mean the cases were the same or for the same infraction. It does however seem that what he did trumps sandbagging by a country mile. JMO.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Well Dawg that is where we differ if some one pads their own score they are guilty of sandbagging if someone falsifies official ATA records/documents they are doing more harm to the game than a sandbagger.

Who is just cheating for a trophy/money from the shooters. Not tampering with the ATA's records not to mention credibility.

Bob Lawless

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.