Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good way to keep the reciever extension in the rib, presently when I shoot the gun or when I close it with a loaded shell ready to shoot it comes out of the rib and either is under the rib or above the rib.

I am presently trying this, I drilled a hole in the rib and installed a small wire like a paper clip through the rib and through where the adjusting screw was in the short extension piece.

Here is a picture of the rib and reciever extension which pivots on a pin on the rib that is attached on the reciever. It is in place in the picture, but it somes apart where it meets the rib.
Gun Shotgun Trigger Air gun Revolver

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your thoughts, I was considering making a longer connector piece.

You cannot believe the recoil force, it bent the paper clip wire piece I installed for shooting last Friday.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Gary, Try a needle bearing out of an "U" joint. I had a 3 pin M-12 that kept breaking a pin in the rib. The "U" joint fix worked perfectly.

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is not a hile in the rib, it is a half round hole and the connector piece is a matching half round pin so the go against each other.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The Bolt that your Looking for is Called a Sex Bolt...or could be Oversized thru Sleeve and Button Head Bolt from Both Sides..Good Luck..Nice Project

·
Registered
488 Posts
Drill a round hole in the connectors and the rib. Then go to Fastenal or a good hardware store and get the button head screws Mac1 suggested. Btw, what holds the rib up high like that? Do you have the front of the rib locked down or something?Just curious! I will bet that baby shoots high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.