Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1100 Remington 20 GA skeet gun that I use for Quail hunting, 10 years ago I had Al Timney make me a new all steel release trigger for skeet shooting, after shooting 100 targets the gun went back into the safe. I M thinking about selling the release trigger..any info would be of help. thanks Dan

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dan,
An all-steel Timney release trigger for an 1100 std. weight 20 ga. which fits the 12 ga. frame as well should be around $250, especially as unused as you describe. Opinions may vary but I think I'm close.

Larry

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
If this was a 12 gauge trigger it would be worth $250. A 20 gauge all steel Tomney release is really rare. I'd say it's worth $350.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The width of all Remington triggers are the same, they will fit all gauges. The only difference is the carriers. The .410 and the 28 ga small frame triggers are interchangeable. You can change the trigger from a 410, 28 gauge, to a 20 ga or 12 ga trigger, just by changing the carrier, then it will fit a large frame 1100/1187. All that is needed to change a 20 ga to a 12 ga trigger, or vice-versa, is change the carrier.

The small frame 1100s have a mortised out section that make it the same width as a large frame 1100/1187.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Living in Southern California I was honored to be able to visit Allen Timney before his death. I bought a 28 ga all steel trigger from him by mail and it arrived with cosmetic problems. I called him and was told to return it, I asked if I could visit and exchange it, he said yes. I showed him the trigger and he agreed it was flawed. He just gave me a new trigger out of stock except it had a 12 ga carrier installed. I mentioned this to him and all he did was change the 12 ga carrier to 28 ga. I was skeptical about this because of the small frame and his answer was they are all the same width and it will fit. It's still in the 28 ga and working flawlessly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gkinla, thanks for the info, very interesting,since Al has passed...we may never see a more quality trigger than what he produced. Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts