Trapshooters Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
John Storm is custom-made by John's daughter Leslie in various colors. Windproof, Rainproof, and has a removable liner and she offers matching pants all hand made in what is referred to as the Bohemian Alps of Nebraska

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the wild hare coat. 3 years with mine. Light weight but warm without being bulky, keeps out the wind and while its not waterproof, it sheds rain and snow fairly well. And you won't find better customer service

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I love my John Storm shooting coats, have one with the removable liner and a shorter one with no liner, best coats I have ever found and it gets cold here....I am pretty tall and John fit me up to a T, I need longer sleeves and he understood when he made mine years ago...

·
Banned
119 Posts
Any combination or all: Carhartt short/long t shirt followed by sweatshirt, fleece hoodie or fleece jacket, Carhartt canvas coat, Carhartt hooded raincoat. Layering is your friend. Don’t forget a nice pair of wool socks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just ordered a new trap coat from Leslie at Storm Coats. Seems the coat I bought from John Storm at the 2003 Grand at Vandalia has shrunk in the closet. Love the way a Storm coat fits while shooting. And they look good!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Great to see there are several brands available that folks like!

Myself, and only because I was able to try them on for fit (Grand & state shoot) I have a lined and an unlined Storm.

Priceless in the rain, cold and wind.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went cheap and simple. An Eddie Bauer model EB650 (Sam’s Club) works very well for me. It is sufficiently warm in the low 40s, light, and compresses well at the shoulder. This, combined with a cap, light gloves and a warm clubhouse 60 feet away, works well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wear an older Orvis sporting clays coat that is a little big on me so I can layer underneath as needed. And if wet, put a raincoat over it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I bought a Beretta Bisley Windshield Jacket last year, it's possibly the lightest, thinnest winter jacket I have bought. It has what looks like a "space blanket" liner and is definately the warmest shooting jacket I have ever owned.

Outerwear Dishware Sleeve Serveware Tableware

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
No winter here, just rainy season, and not rainy season, so use an umbrella, or you don't.
Aloha

·
Premium Member
Brownings
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I cannot find that on Beretta's website. Do you have a better link?
I tried a search and no help.
Sorry, I bought it on eBay and there doesn't seem to be anymore in the US.
A couple of UK sellers have them if you want to look at them.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts