Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
John Storm coat. It's waterproof, breathable, and you can get it with a liner. I ordered mine with extra space to wear layers underneath. The order form required measurements so I assume they are custom made for each buyer? I even got a call from them asking what I planned to wear underneath before they cut the jacket. Great coat, great service.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
This is the best windproof/waterproof winter shooting coat I've ever had in the UK.

You'd need something with goose down in it for the sorts of low temperatures we used to get in Canada.

·
Premium Member
K-80
125 Posts
I have an unlined Storm jacket that I ordered with a little extra space to add a vest under it. I have worn it without the vest a few times already when it was windy and 50ish degrees and really liked it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I thought there was a post on this recently... I still shoot the old Bob Allen Cold Weather Coat. (CWC). I purchased it in the late 90's - early 00's.
It's actually nice and thin, and has full size pockets like a vest. Thin quilting, but keeps me warm!
Mike B

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is everyone using for winter shooting coats.I would like have something water proof and wind proof. Just looking for options and reviews!
I have used my Tom Storm shooting jacket with a removable liner for over 20 years. It's definitely warm and stops the wind from getting through...it at least "delays" the rain some. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I had a storm with removable liner and loved it. Got too fat and had to get a bigger coat. I Picked up a wild hare to replace it, the wild hare is a nice coat but nowhere near as nice as the storm in my opinion.

I will probably be ordering a new stormfor next year.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Beretta Honor Windstop wool sweater with Under Armour Cold Gear base layer is all I wear in the cold.

In the rain, the Wild Hare Hydro Elite jacket is outstanding. Designed by people that actually shoot shotguns in the rain.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Older Chimiere. Bought it in the 90’s. Lined and holds up to shed rain, snow and wind. Good double bellows pockets on each side.
Only drawback and have been saying for 20 years I’d like to get a gal to sew me in spare shell loops on the inside.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
John Storm. Prefer it over Wild Hare. I didn’t like the large pleather shooting pad the run the length of the coat. When it got extremely cold it turned into a board. The Storm jacket only has a small piece of leather patch where the gun mounts

Reactions: sdive2

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
STORM......made in the U.S.A by citizens.......custom fit, or off the rack....
, Give Leslie a call, ain't much to do in Wahoo, Nebraska this time of the year!!!! 402.443.9130...m

·
5,821 Posts
Coats... never shot in a coat. On the coldest days in Chicago, it was a sweatshirt with possibly a long sleeve underlayer...

In the worst weather, give me a waxed cap and I was good...

• Haha
Reactions: pbansen

·
Well known trouble maker
3,619 Posts
Wild Hare Coat is excellent!! Their zippers suck, but the coat is warm and wind proof.

The zippers on the Wild Hare Coats are absolute trash.

The coats are nice, I have had two including the one I have now, but I will not own another.

I have never heard anyone complain about the Storm products.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Storm with zip in liner, waterproof, windproof and it was custom made to fit.
Double XX, tall with left hand shoulder pad. Easy to take the liner out for cool weather, liner in for cold weather.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts