Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this trap machine maybe 20 years ago from our local sheriff with grand ideas of putting in a trap. Well i still live n town and have never found the right place in the country and im tired of stepping around an moving this thing around. Supposedly everything had recently been gone thru somewhere in oklahoma but that was a long time ago and it has been just sitting. I have never energized it up. Whats it worth. Its a u255 model i believe

Attachments

· Registered
2,107 Posts
It will be a 1577 or 1582 or 1583 model.
If you could demonstrate it working, you could sell for more than a nominal amount.

Not operating, you need someone willing to take a chance on reviving it.

These are very good, durable machines, long out of production. Parts are available from Quality Replacement Parts, and others.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
It is a 1577. A 1582 had the option of adding the wobble motor, and the 1583 was the wobble trap. I had all 3 at one time.

· Registered
715 Posts
1577...I had two back in the 80's. I still have a scar on my right hand when I was in the trap and someone punched the button not knowing I was down there. Hurricane Alicia took care of one...and I rebuilt it.

Honestly....versus todays machines, they are JUNK. It seemed like I was repairing them as much as they were in use. I think they were just not suited to the humid Gulf Coast climate.

Good luck and all the best.

Reactions: little bud

· Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I don’t know if it’s still possible, but you used to could send something like that on the Greyhound bus if you sold it. You basically bought it a ticket and they put it in the luggage compartment. Just FYI.
I used Greyhound last fall to ship from Maine to California. They did a good job, were very inexpensive,it got there undamaged but there are size & weight limitations and the item needs to be crated to their satisfaction.
They only ship terminal to terminal.
Also, not every terminal handles freight so the recipient may have to make a trip to a location other than the terminal closest to him to pick up.
For example. I shipped from Portland Maine. I wanted the item to go to my brother-in-law in Placerville but the terminal there is not a freight terminal so I had to have it delivered to the Sacramento terminal instead. Not a big deal. They called him when it arrived and he came down and picked it up. It was $100.00 through Greyhound. The next best alternative that I could find would have cost triple that.
They have tracking like Fedex and UPS so you can keep an eye on its progress.
They also offer additional insurance.

· Registered
157 Posts
It all depends on what you have planned for it? They are good machines for your own trap field. That machine you have is one that you can’t make wobble without some modifications. But I have one similar that I have lengthened the bars to hold more targets & have converted to a wireless remote. It sure works great and has really provided me and my friends with hours of great entertainment. But it’s like I said it all depends on what you want to do with it? You probably are not going to make a killing on flipping it for cash? But you could really have some good fun if you have a place to shoot?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.