Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the main reasons I go to the SHOT show is to take a look at the new offerings from Perazzi as well as say Hello to Mauro. This year, surprise, surprise - no Perazzi! Considering their prominent presence year after year and their reliance on the US market, I'm both puzzled and concerned by their absence. It doesn't seem like a good thing. Does anyone have any info on what's going on with them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most High End Target Shotgun Manufacturers do NOT attend the Shot Show anymore. These manufacturers have found that this show does not entertain their audience.
MG
Interesting. I always got the impression from both Daniel and Mauro that they considered the SHOT show very important to their US business both from PR and customer service standpoints. Perhaps that was influenced more by Daniel, and with his passing, the need to attend was re-assessed.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I was also very disappointed that Perazzi wasn't at The Shot Show. For the last few years I have talked to Mauro about being fitted for a new High Tech. This year i was going to go for it and maybe combine the final fitting and a trip to Italy for my me and wife. . Now I am thinking I might just send my good old MX2000 in for a complete refresh. I have a Beretta MultiTarget and a Blaser F3 that I can shoot while the MX is at the spa.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Small world - those were my additional reasons for going this year. I did that with a previous MX8 - initial fitting and order at SHOT show, trip to Italy for final fitting, test firing, etc. Well worth it!! Sorry it didn't work out for you:15:

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
It’s strictly a wise business decision. When you consider the total cost associated with attending compared to how much business it actually produced it’s not a winner. Perazzi has dominated in the Olympics and its shooters acquiring medals. Nuremberg is a much more productive venue and they have been attending it for years. The tiny amount of guns sold in the US each year doesn’t warrant the expense. I doubt if they sell even 300 guns per year to US shooters. Perazzi’s are everywhere here because they go millions of rounds and hardly ever die.

If you want a new one custom fitted to you then go to their US representatives to be measured or go to the factory in Italy. It costs nothing extra to have a stock made to your specifications. I’d highly recommend going to Italy because it’s a great cultural experience and a great place to vacation. If I ever disappear my kids will look for me in Italy.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
It’s strictly a wise business decision. When you consider the total cost associated with attending compared to how much business it actually produced it’s not a winner. Perazzi has dominated in the Olympics and its shooters acquiring medals. Nuremberg is a much more productive venue and they have been attending it for years. The tiny amount of guns sold in the US each year doesn’t warrant the expense. I doubt if they sell even 300 guns per year to US shooters. Perazzi’s are everywhere here because they go millions of rounds and hardly ever die.

If you want a new one custom fitted to you then go to their US representatives to be measured or go to the factory in Italy. It costs nothing extra to have a stock made to your specifications. I’d highly recommend going to Italy because it’s a great cultural experience and a great place to vacation. If I ever disappear my kids will look for me in Italy.
Will they do custom stock on Perazzi that I already own? Getting too old to buy a new gun while the old one still has a lot of life left in it ( however, people that have seen me shoot wonder if my gun is dead).

·
Registered
14,133 Posts
They don't need to, it's a waste of time and money for them.

They don't have that much innovation from year to year (no new products they need to get out for people to see), and they have a well defined dealer network.

I can't imagine they got any orders through the show that they wouldn't have gotten anyways.

None of the other top tier "competition shotgun only" mfgs go either, and they do just fine.

In reality having a physical presence show is a very outdated model anyways, dealer orders can be placed online.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The SHOT show is a business to business event, not business to consumer. I’m surprised they would even offer these types of consumer services at the show. I’m less surprised that regular folks would be able to get an industry pass to be able to get into the show for this type of stuff.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Will they do custom stock on Perazzi that I already own? Getting too old to buy a new gun while the old one still has a lot of life left in it ( however, people that have seen me shoot wonder if my gun is dead).
I believe they will make only the original stock to fit you at no additional charge. After that I’m sure you can get measured and pay for a replacement stock yourself as many of us were not even the original owner. You may be able to have yours modified to fit you by a local stock maker. An adjustable comb and proper LOP can do wonders once the adjustments are made.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
I believe they will make only the original stock to fit you at no additional charge. After that I’m sure you can get measured and pay for a replacement stock yourself as many of us were not even the original owner. You may be able to have yours modified to fit you by a local stock maker. An adjustable comb and proper LOP can do wonders once the adjustments are made.
Maybe I was not clear, I would expect to pay for fitting, wood, and making of the stock, just use my old gun. I already have adjustable comb and pad. I need stock to bring me from C class to AAA!

Reactions: Candy B

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Maybe I was not clear, I would expect to pay for fitting, wood, and making of the stock, just use my old gun. I already have adjustable comb and pad. I need stock to bring me from C class to AAA!
Charlie,
Let Wenig build a custom stock fitted just for you and your Perazzi. When they're finished, it will fit you better than the finest custom suit. I highly recommend them.
MG

·
Registered
257 Posts
Booth cost and associated expenses do not warrant a presence. When I am at SHOT working it's nice to drop by and chat them up at the Perazzi booth but I doubt they sell any more by being there. They had a large sized booth that was awesome but it had to cost a fortune to be there.

Just not worth it. I dont blame them at all.

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
This has been a trend in the “world of expos” in all industries.

The cost for booth space has risen so high that many, already well recognized companies, question their need to exhibit each year or even at all.

Subsequently, a lot of exhibit outfits have gone to holding their expos every other year.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I agree with Barry, the cost of all trade shows have gotten out of site.
It make no difference what your product is, it is tough to justify the cost.
I know the are some customer that would like to place their order
there and talk face to face, but with cost of $50,000. a day do the math.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Charlie,
Let Wenig build a custom stock fitted just for you and your Perazzi. When they're finished, it will fit you better than the finest custom suit. I highly recommend them.
MG
I have to Agree with MG. My gun has a Wenig stock it beautiful & it fits me like a glove though its getting up there in age. Still in great condition I'm considering sending it back to Wenig for a redux . This particular Wenig stock is the poster child for the Isis website. Although I removed the Isis for a gooey pad.

DB81 now.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
Krieghoff left many years ago and put their $$ into shoot venues. I don't believe CG was there this year either. Same reasons probably.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts