Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was looking into buying a trap machine just for personal use was looking at the champion wheelybird 2.0, Champion easybird, Atlas Patriot, and Atlas AT-50. Anyone have insight on any of these or another brand I should look at I have very little experience on anything other then my clubs trap machine. Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Our club has several Atlas Traps that we use for 5 stand and when I was taking care of them, the only thing I had to do was replace the main spring every few years. Great company to work with, Made in Wichita, Ks. BUT if you can afford a used Pat Trap, that would be the Cays Meow! Atlas does have some sales now and then, I would call the factory and ask. Stay well

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have an Atlas AT-50. It has held up well. Atlas traps have been more trouble free than the promatics we use for our youth practices.

Reactions: loper30030x

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just bought a Wheelybird 2.0 and love it! Throws a very nice target. It does not oscillate, but will be more than adequate for backyard practice. I did not like the foot pedal switch. Awkward to use, and too short to allow you to stand 16 yards back. In fairness, I only tried it for 25 targets. That was enough for me. Don’t like it.

The included wireless remote works very well. I did not utilize the delay feature, as there were 3 of us shooting so one called for the other two. With the delay, it would work well when shooting alone.

It is pretty robust in its construction. It should last.

If you are just looking for backyard practice to supplement shooting at the club...it is perfect. If you want a true backyard trap set up then you will need something different.

In my opinion, it is a great value for backyard practice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My kids gave me a wheelybird a couple years ago for Father’s Day. It is a great machine and functions very well. I have had no issues and we have thrown 1000’s of targets with it. It is great for a young shooter but without the oscillation it can get boring quick. I would recommend getting something that oscillates

·
Registered
243 Posts
I own an Atlas 250 which may be more than you want to spend.
It's dependable, well built, and customer service was more than willing to answer my stupid questions.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
My friend and I purchased 3 Atlas 150s.

So far, they are great, and Howel Shooting Supply in Alabama was a pleasure to deal with.

IMO, it's a lot of machine for the money.

FYI, our models are the portable 12v machines.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts