Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious what traditions do you have when you attend the Grand American? Is there a certain restaurant you have to visit? Do you take your shotgun to a certain gunsmith to get it looked over before you shoot? Anything that you do on a yearly basis? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
On the days I am at the Grand I, Sit outside the event center in the early morning with KS-OKIE and watch all the folks line up to squad/cashier, I spend too much money on things from vendors I don't really need, and I shoot mediocre scores. :D Can't wait to do it again next year!

·
Registered
66 Posts
1. Get picture taken with members of the family that are at the Grand. Have 15 years worth on the wall at home. Funny how everyone in these pictures ages except for me !!

2. Have to go to the Pizza Hut one night and then to the Dairy Queen for a Blizzard.

Juston

·
Registered
99 Posts
Go to South Side Ribs at least once, and get an Italian sausage sandwich 3-4 days for lunch. Then its off to the Federal building for shirts and hats.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
On the days I am at the Grand I, Sit outside the event center in the early morning with KS-OKIE and watch all the folks line up to squad/cashier, I spend too much money on things from vendors I don't really need, and I shoot mediocre scores. :D Can't wait to do it again next year!
What a life. KS-OKIE doesn't tell you a story does he?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Lunch at the Shake Up Vendor, Philly Cheese Steak if I did good at Caps, other wise some kind of Hot Dog or Sausage.
Dinner at Rice & Fries.
On one day have the Beretta Unsingle serviced and on another day the O/U.
I check out all the vendors to see if they have anything that I think I need. I make sure that I check out White Flyer for the commemorative target and side shields; Hodgdon and Federal for current reloading guides; Winchester, Remington and Federal for free commemorative pins.

Jason

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
South Side Ribs a couple of times . Mary`s in Ruma Ill 2-3 times .Both Fri nights at the Office in Red Bud . Long visit with Dicksie & Carter Spolar . Bug Mike Graf a million times . Watch the circus every A.M. in front of the event center . Eat 5 gallons of ice cream . Pretty much the same every year .

·
Registered
495 Posts
Butcher Block for lunch, Farm Bureau ice cream, check out restaurants in surrounding towns, visit all the vendors countless times for things I think that I need and most of the time don't, Beretta and Krieghoff service when needed, talking to old friends and making new ones, sitting and relaxing while watching shooters smoke or try and smoke targets.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Catch up with old friends,watch some of the shoot offs, and get some peach ice cream. South Side Ribs at least once, and DQ for a Sundae a couple of times. They aren't as good as **Friendlies in Vandalia but they are good. Of course there is the shopping and the yearly reloading supply stock up.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Smoke at least one fine cigar everyday.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Dang those all sound REALLY fun!! :) Sign me up!! Things havent worked out recently, but hopefully next year fixes that.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Visit my pals Jeff & Keith at the Kolar store and buy a new shooting shirt. Monday night of Grand week we do a low country boil for about 25 shooters from GA, SC & NC. Peach ice cream from the farm bureau tent every night.

IMG_0333.JPG

Can't wait until next year.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Go fishing several mornings, Pioneer Cabin often, bug Phillip (Phillips Gunsmithing) almost daily, buy something to remember each year.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
It was outstanding this year. There wasn't much left. (beer went quick too) Plan on throwing in some crawfish next year.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
What a life. KS-OKIE doesn't tell you a story does he?
Now Frosty, you know John is introverted and a quiet man of deep reflection! :D

Reactions: timb99

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Gotta go to the Buckhorn tavern....... Oh wait....

Anybody remember the ribs there?

Reactions: RWT
1 - 20 of 26 Posts