Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to "Boortz" yesterday when he did a segment on "What to do if you shoot an intruder". Neal Boortz is a former practicing lawyer. Just thought it was interesting, and I hope no on here has to use his advise.

Clicking on the above link should take you to it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I have always been under the assumption that there is a lawyer behind every bullet. Try to make sure all your bases are covered before you do it.

G

·
Interesting this should come up. I attached an article from the Minneapolis Startribune in reference to a Thanksgiving day shooting of two teenage intruders in Minnesota by a retired federal state department security employee. This is a very interesting case that just happened last week. Home owner was arrested after executing the two teenagers. Take five minutes and treat yourself to this interesting story. It is hard to believe.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Make sure they fall inside the house, not outside. Use fatory ammo NOT YOUR RELOADS. Why? If a lawyer asked you what kind of ammo you used and you say reloads they will say WELL YOU JUST COULDN'T WAIT TO USE YOUR MURDER AMMO COULD YOU? I was told to use only factory ammo because of that.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Make sure they're dead,and at least put a kitchen knife in they'r hand or hands if more than one.Easier to defend if you can claim self defense.

Doug H.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Be ready to go to prison when the other lawyer whips out a copy of Boortz's pea-brain instructions that you brainlessly followed to a tee.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
OK, since you asked:

1. Only shoot someone who's really imminently threatening your life or your family's, and keep shooting till they're dead.

2. Tell the police the truth -- that you were terrified and your life was in danger -- period.

3. Then follow the wise advice of BigM-Perazzi.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
No, he said to follow a brainless script that any decent lawyer will use to put you in prison and bankrupt your family.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Bill:

If I barge into your house next week, do not shoot me. I'm only there with some of my Powerball winnings to buy you a drink and relieve you of your amazing vintage shotgun collection.

-Gary

·
Registered
114 Posts
GW22 is oh so correct.
In today's society Pull that trigger and watch your world fly out the window, even if you are right, it'll break your bank.
In my house if my family were in trouble; there was no way out to protect them; They would never hear the hammer fall and I'd deal with the legal later. But remember when you let that hammer fall its an avalanche.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Given the fact that the laws in all 50 states differ, I'd study up on my own state's law and avoid general advice and/or advice from internet forums. JMHO

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Do a google search for Tim Schmidt concealed carry association. (Tim-USCCA)

I beleave it was here that I first heard about it. You can join for a small fee to get the support, back up and not go broke. Check it out and sign up for their news lettwer. Ray

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.