Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a video I just witnessed. It's short and has to do with guns. What do YOU think should be done to this kid?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=166_1389026968

·
Supporting Vendor
9,979 Posts
The guns need to be taken away from the little Jackass and he should be forced to go into a firearms safety program. A severe ass whippin' by the Father is also in order (but, I highly doubt that this is a "nuclear family"). It is important to note that there is nothing "soft" about that sort of Airsoft gun that he was using. It could easily have shot that girls eye out.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
His parents need to give him an ass whooping,, Problem is the parents NEED one more than he does.

And people wonder what's wrong with society,

Kid is influenced from video games more than likely

DGH

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I think this kid has a lack of education with firearms, and where do you think that should come from first....Parents?????

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Hang him up bare ass naked and let his sister take her turn.

"An eye for an eye". That would give him a little different view of his actions.

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
He needs a whipping, and so do his parents.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Beat his butt. Since he will not be sitting for any time in the future, he will have lots of time to do her house chores. Make him stand there while all those BB guns are beat to little pices with a 4 lb hammer. Make him clean up the mess.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
This kid should be charged!

Kids in our neighborhood shoot these guns at each other all the time. Some wear masks, but at times other kids come around and get in the middle of their shooting. I tell the parents that some day a kid is going to take one in the eye. Some kids even threaten some of the girls, and point the guns at them, of course they don't have masks, or glasses on.

The other day one of the kids dad brought over an old 20 ga. single shot that he wanted to fix up so his kid would have a gun of his own to shoot when they went up north. I think he is nine, or ten. We fixed it up, and he went home across the street to put the stock back on and come back to shoot it in the field, next to the house. Well, guess who gets out of the car with the gun? Breech closed, and all excited about showing me the gun. I was ducking, diving, and jumping. The whole time the kid had the gun pointing straight at me, until I told him that is a real gun, and that is not allowed. Dad was getting out of the car with a big smile on his face, and the kid of course said he was not pointing it at me.

That same kid had an incident with a younger neighbor earlier in the summer. When I was over at their house the kids were out on the patio, with their air-softs. He was told to stay away from the younger kid, as to not create any more problems with the parents. His dad had his back to the patio door. I noticed this kid walk up to the back of the younger kid, and point the gun into his back, with a look on his face like he wanted to kill this kid. Needless to say, I seen it, and mentioned what he was doing. Of course by the time his dad turned around, he put the gun down quickly, and his dad just asked him not to get close to the younger kid. I really though he was going to pull the trigger, just to see the kid scream in pain. Of course his dad would have yelled at him, maybe took the gun away for a week, which would have been reduced down to a day, but that would have been worth it for this kid to do it.

Moral of the story is this. Kids don't see guns as something that can harm someone physically, but know that emotionally they can get control, unless the kid is taught otherwise. Unfortunately, not all parents see it that way. They just think the kid will figure it out.

Plus, the fact that these little colored BB's are everywhere. They end up in my garage, from lodging into the tire treads. They must get stuck in my shoe treads, because I even found a couple of them in my basement.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I have some personal experience with this.

Many years ago a couple of kids in the neighborhood shot my son up with an Airsoft pistol and robbed him. My son had welts all over him, and the cops took photos of them. That same day the kids also took the airsoft gun to school and got caught and were expelled.

At this point the ball was in my court for pressing charges.

I talked to the school district police officer, and asked what would happen to them. If I pressed charges, they'd be sent to JDH until they turned 21 and would have a felony record. If I didn't press charges, they'd be sent to an alternative school. Asked if they would receive counselling and was told yes, it's part of the program.

I believe in second chances, and only believe in throwing away the key if someone is not salvageable.

Took and chance and dropped the charges.

One of the boys apologized to my son. The other I didn't hear about for quite some time.

Fast forward and both boys have become productive members of society with clean records. They got the counselling they needed and turned themselves around.

I believe I made the right decision. Instead of two people with criminal backgrounds and all that entails we have two decent young men.

BTW, concerning the parents of the kid shooting up his sister, where is the parental supervision?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
If his mother is from Conn. she will probably buy him a new AR for his birthday along with $500 worth of video games.

Darr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts