Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, here.s one to test the best of you! I need to learn the difference between these 2 models, as I need to find the earlier one to get spare parts. Condition not important. Dave

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi guys, here.s one to test the best of you! I need to learn the difference between these 2 models, as I need to find the earlier one to get spare parts. Condition not important. Dave
I notice the turret head on both have the same number. I suspect the deprime and size apparatus from either one would work if you can find the whole assembly,rather than looking for a used support tube. trying to help.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I would think if you called Mec and told them what you need, they could tell you if there were differences and how to identify your loader as far as age.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
MEC has parts for the Pre-82 ones, though they are a little more money buying right from them. I bought some parts from MEC when I rebuilt my 600 Jr. from the early 70's, and when I recently replaced the collet.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I notice the turret head on both have the same number. I suspect the deprime and size apparatus from either one would work if you can find the whole assembly,rather than looking for a used support tube. trying to help.
Thanks, I,ll try that if no parts turn up. Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MEC has parts for the Pre-82 ones, though they are a little more money buying right from them. I bought some parts from MEC when I rebuilt my 600 Jr. from the early 70's, and when I recently replaced the collet.
The pre-82 parts are now 3 times the cost of the newer ones from MEC. I think this is because they may no longer carry the stock, but make to order? That, with postage and taxes, makes a new part very expensive.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
The pre-82 parts are now 3 times the cost of the newer ones from MEC. I think this is because they may no longer carry the stock, but make to order? That, with postage and taxes, makes a new part very expensive.
Once MEC runs out of older parts they will not supply them anymore and they will tell you to buy a new loader. BTDT. I load on a Grabber 76-1R several parts are discontinued, links, I modify later ones to work. Not going to buy a new loader because of a couple dollars worth of discontinued parts. If I can't buy them I will make them.

Reactions: pinfireman

·
Registered
412 Posts
In MEC's defense it may be because of extra threading that the older ones are more expensive. Looks like you may have a good response on your WTB ad.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Some people feel the old parts were better because they are all metal. My old presses were all metal dies

My newer ones were plastic, and I was worried they they would not hold up. I was wrong. After almost 3 decades, the plastic has held up fine, and I think the plastic "spindex" crimp starter is superior.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts