Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started doing some searches here and reading online stuff. Has to be better than the current offerings by Krieghoff in the ways of
  • High quality design and manufacturing
  • Customer service
  • Parts availability
  • Turn around time for service
  • Reliability
  • Maintained value
  • Advertised price vs actual sales price
This is where Im at so far:
  • Kolar (high consideration)
  • Silver Seitz (high consideration)
  • Browning
  • Perrazzi
  • Blaser
  • Caesar Guerini
  • Tristar
  • BiStar
  • Turkish
  • Remington
  • Winchester
  • Semiauto's

·
Registered
895 Posts
The Alfermann is the best kept secret in trap guns. Nothing is built better or higher quality. They do not need serviced and they do not break down. Just shoot them and clean them once in awhile. No need to have an "annual" done and spend a lot of ammo money. Both the Kolar and Kguns are good guns. But, I will bet you know folks who have owned both of these brands and JUST CANNOT break good scores with them.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I’d put Zoli up high on that list. Norbert or Jason will take care of you as a customer and they are a top tier firearm. The high end Zolis are something to look at and they are less cost than what you could get a P or K gun for. If you put 15K into a P or K gun you have a nice slightly upgraded model. If you put 15K into a Zoli, you get a really beautiful top gun and maybe in a combo. My personal order would be Zoli, Kolar, and stop after that.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Easy choice with a minor change: Perazzi or K-80. Nothing else checks all the priorities the OP listed and some are just dogs you almost have to give away. Amend the choice to high condition pre-owned Perazzi and K-80 (or M32). The rest don't deserve consideration unless you want only a SBT, then Ljutic and Bowen should be included. Good luck with spending your money wisely.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I am a long time Browning fan but lately know of two people with 725s (Sporting models) who had catastrophic stock failures. Most Brownings usually don't need factory type support but their support reputation has declined. I continue to own 5 Brownings that are great guns but recently see CG's as my preferred clay target gun based on performance, quality, fit, and manufacturer support. Currently own one new CG Sporting model that I will be using for trap doubles, skeet, and sporting. My next gun purchase may be a CG Invictus Trap. Best success wishes in your quest for the gun that is right for you.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Has to be better than the current offerings by Krieghoff in the ways of
Wait... what? I'm still working on the first cup of coffee, so I might have missed something. You never owned a Kgun and are bashing their reputation for a quality product and their parts and their service? I can't wait to hear this explanation.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts