Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a TM1 and love it. Being that TM1's parts are getting scarce, what do you recommend to stock up with just in case something breaks.

thanks
Bob

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If it moves get one. Well maybe not all but I think I have all but a hammer. Even my forearm bolt broke and the bridle pin as well as he bridle (I have the leaf spring). Ray

·
Registered
411 Posts
buy another TM-1.... then the parts are all easily organized and you won't lose them ! (that's what I did, because they are not making any more TM-1's)

·
Registered
94 Posts
You could buy a guide rod that goes to your hammer and a hammer spring. Disconnect your ejector to make it an extractor. Buy an extra firing pin, never dry fire you gun and you will be just fine.

·
Vendor
19,708 Posts
Begin with a tuned gun. Giacamo, Braker, Crrenwelge, and others can bgin your shooting career with a TM1 and you can expect it to last thruout the season. I shoot a lot and that equals 5000 a year out of a single bbl Perazzi as does my son-in-law with his TM1. All we do is occasionlly watch the spring tension and usually change it once a year. Your Perazzi will not break. Just an annual check and a hammer spring and you will shoot trouble free.

If you plan on shooting 10 thou a year, then I have a diffeent answer for you. But as a likely casual and ATA shooter, just a wary eye on the parts and youare good to go.

And there is always parts onthe ATA trap range if something does let go. Unlikely tho.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I bought my current one 3 years ago. Nothing has broken except a firing pin in '09, which I replaced and a leaf hammer spring at the grand last year. I finished the event with a back-up trigger and Giacomo's replaced the spring in about 3 minutes. Those are the weakest points on a TM-1 in my experience.

Buz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.