Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
After several decades of gun cleaning, I've found my shotguns come out sparkling clean if I wear a NY Jets cap (adjustable).

While cleaning rimfire rifles, my white, Federal cap does nicely (If I do my part.)

Once, while not thinking, I tried to clean a Browning O/U while attired in a U. of Missouri cap. It was a mess. Spilled a full bottle of Hoppe's, sneezed on the stock, and found my oil can empty. believe me, I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
What color glasses do wear when cleaning your gun? Can't tell you what hat is best until we know know about your glasses. It also helps if we know what chokes you use.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned that, Jacksback. One should never, NEVER wear glasses while cleaning a gun. If you accidentally blast your face with aerosol solvent, it's nearly impossible to get the lenses clean...whereas if you merely spray directly into your eyeballs, in a week or two some of your vision returns.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned that, Jacksback. One should never, NEVER wear glasses while cleaning a gun. If you accidentally blast your face with aerosol solvent, it's nearly impossible to get the lenses clean...whereas if you merely spray directly into your eyeballs, in a week or two some of your vision returns.
You forgot to mention the other benefit of cleaning your eyeballs with aerosol solvent. If you spray your dominant off shooting eye correctly, your cross firing problem will go away with out the need of tape or dots! Heck, you might even be able to shoot two eyed and sell your xd solution and buy some shells with the extra money.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts