Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't have to be limited to trap guns.

Mine is a Remington M700 KS out of the Custom Shop in .270 Winchester w/Leupold scope. I sighted it in once years ago with hand-loads using 150gr. Nosler Partition bullets, and have never had to adjust it after that. I have taken Antelope, Deer, Elk and an occasional Coyote while hunting.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have a custom Montana Rifle Company left hand 308 in a very nice Seringti Laminated Stock and topped with a Leupold. Used it today to take a nice 7 pt. @ 80 yd's
Now my very favorite gun is my new Kolar TA-Max.
The rifle gets shot maybe 5 times a year, while the Kolar gets maybe 8,000 rounds put through it.

·
5,388 Posts
My favorite is a 1954 plain barrel Auto 5, light 12... HUMPBACKS RULE...

Regards all,

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a Remington 1100 Trap with D grade wood that I've had since 1977. Pretty partial to that as it's practically a family heirloom now. Also, enjoy the TM1 that I shoot currently.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is the 3030 my dad got me used when I was 13 I'm 37 now and I no longer use it for hunting but when I see if it reminds me of my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Circa 1968 Weatherby Mark 5, 7mm Magnum, original German steel barrel (Sauer).........The gun has over 100 kills to its credit(Bucks)
and still shoots 3 shot groups that I can cover with a quarter........Best rifle I have ever seen/shot period.
I still remember what the old buck hunter I bought it from said....." Don't hold over those bucks out there at 300 yrds, you'll shoot over them!" hahah
Funny thing is that I used to reload all my other hunting cartridges using Nosler partitions, Sierra boat tail spitzers with xcellent results for my 30/06 and .243..etc...and for this gun I could never come up with a load that shot as well as the factory Weatherby 154gr Norma cartridge.......it shoots the best still.
Hard to improve on this gun......
Weatherby 7mm.JPG

Attachments

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
I know I'm going to make Jim Veta drool, but mine is my Poli sxs 12 ga sporting POLI, ARMI F.LLI

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
My M1 Garand--D-Day edition from Springfield Armory, never fired -sits proudly in its display case on top of a row of kitchen cabinets for all to see and remember. What it did when it mattered.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Anything made by Ljutic. However, my Spacegun is fun, even though I don't shoot it very much, because everywhere I take it I get all types of questions and commits. Both good, bad, and interesting (pogo stick, mop handle, new putter, how does it work, WOW! that's neat.... from new shooters, etc.). It is truly a conversation piece.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts