Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love mod 12 trap guns. I have 2 pigeon grades that are both engraved and have super wood. I love to just admire them and love and shoot them as well.These guns are over 50 years old and I started shooting with these and have a deep appreciation for the quality and the way they point.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Perazzi,
Got a ?? I have a Model 50 that is marked Featherweight under the reciever. Ser #176xxxA. The 26" barrel is marked WS-1 and rib Simmons. Did Winchester make a featherweight skeet or did someone stick the featherweight barrel on this reciever. Overall condition 99%. Thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wish I had one or two more Belgian Superposeds. There is just something about them. It seems like everyone now wants ported barrels and removeable choke tubes,etc. But the Superposed is in a class by itself. I am looking for a 32" Broadway Trap, but havn't found one in my price range yet. Oh well, maybe at the Kane co show tomorrow.

·
Registered
519 Posts
CO-369,
Winchester did make a lightweight skeet gun in the Model 50. The barrel was 26" and marked WS-1 with a Simmons vent rib. The receiver was a lightweight alloy. A nice gun with skeet loads but I ne ver fired it with anything heavier than 3 dram load of 1 1/8 oz. of no 8 shot. You could tell it went off.

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
High Standard Model 10A or 10B.

·
Registered
126 Posts
striper,

Like you the Mod 12 is my baby, nothing else compares. Had one since I was 18 years old and still have the same one in the collection. The gun has well over 3/4's of a million rounds thru it and is 85 years old and looks and functions like new.

ol 12

·
Registered
965 Posts
Not a shot gun still a favirote,,<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>,,,favirote shot gun<a ,href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Don, the Space Gun makes me wonder if the creater used to design Wehrmacht anti-tank rifles during WWII?<br>
<br>
I've never shot or have even seen a real Space Gun. How does the design compare to a conventional trap gun for trap?

·
Registered
482 Posts
If the space gun were not so darned hard to load, it would have been a great gun. Realize the "in line" thing forces the recoil straight back. It is also a big gun and that combination makes a very soft shooting rig. Despite the unconventional configuration, they move very fast and point quite well. The trigger is fast. Just hard to load and it doesn't break down for transport.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.