Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get a good choke tube for my Remington trap gun. What is the best to get? I have been using CompnChokes and like them but did'nt know if there is a better one. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
I 've always used Wrights chokes. Very effective. I don't know if you have a bore gauge but if you do, give him the bore size and he can recommend a choke that will ink ball targets for that barrel.
My 2 cents

George Ware

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Well,my favorite is my Carlson Full choke,,it broke my first 25 this past August.But,I do use the Midas Chokes(briley makes for browning)it help me hit the Long bird the same Night I had the 25 straight with the Carlson.Only reason I changed from the Carlson to Midas,was because the Midas Full choke is a tad tighter than the Carlson,and it was for the money that comes with hitting the LONG bird.

Doug H.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Whatever's cheapest... usually Tru-Lock. Unless you get a wonky choke, I doubt you'll ever be able to tell one from another either in the air or on a pattern board. Spend your money on a good shooting clinic; playing "choke-or-the-month" will make you poor, itwon't improve your shooting and it will build you a collection of chokes you won't know what to do with.

MK

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Teague or Briley for aftermarket chokes for my K80....just bought some Extreme at a good price and will try them out later on....

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
Brileys, I too like the Midas Grade extended chokes. You can get them from Browning and also from Briley themselves with there name on them at a bit better price tag than the Brownings. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have used and prefer in the following order:

1)Briley 2)Carlson 3)Baker 4)Rem Choke 5)Wright

Brileys in my Ljutic are the only screw in chokes I trust to be as effective as a fixed choke.

Marc

·
Registered
911 Posts
Ilike Carlson chokes. Most bang for the buck and I know they are really well made becasue they make them on a mchine I designed and built!

Briley makes a good product but it is not one Iota better than Carlson, and at twice the price I don't see the value.

Just my.02

Randy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.