Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is with Caesar Guerini?

As you can see, this is my first post. I have a frustrating problem with Caesar Guerini and I want to determine if I am being unreasonable. I purchased a Summit Sporting new last year and the fore-end cracked after one box of shells. Caesar Guerini repaired the crack, which on the first attempt didn’t work and I had to return it again at my expense ($70.00). The second time they used a staple which has held. I think the fore-end should have been replaced since the gun value is diminished due to the repair, if I wanted to sell, but Caesar Guerini says they do not warranty wood. I think this is BS given the early failure and I am also getting a lot of grief from my buds at both my clubs for choosing a Caesar Guerini over a Beretta, Blaser, Perazzi, Krieghoff. What do you think, would Beretta, Blaser, Perazzi, Krieghoff have been more reasonable in terms replacing the fore-end under warranty and covering my freight cost?

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,827 Posts
What is with Caesar Guerini?

As you can see, this is my first post. I have a frustrating problem with Caesar Guerini and I want to determine if I am being unreasonable. I purchased a Summit Sporting new last year and the fore-end cracked after one box of shells. Caesar Guerini repaired the crack, which on the first attempt didn’t work and I had to return it again at my expense ($70.00). The second time they used a staple which has held. I think the fore-end should have been replaced since the gun value is diminished due to the repair, if I wanted to sell, but Caesar Guerini says they do not warranty wood. I think this is BS given the early failure and I am also getting a lot of grief from my buds at both my clubs for choosing a Caesar Guerini over a Beretta, Blaser, Perazzi, Krieghoff. What do you think, would Beretta, Blaser, Perazzi, Krieghoff have been more reasonable in terms replacing the fore-end under warranty and covering my freight cost?
TriStar would have replaced it for free. Just sayin...

·
Premium Member
5,410 Posts
I have only heard and experienced good things about their service. Have you talked with upper management about your concern? Their warranty does say the distributor won't cover wood or finish, but they fixed a finish problem on my Maxum Trap for no charge a few years ago.

·
Banned
218 Posts
I "used" to have a Guerini Impact - shot my 1st 100 straight in skeet with as a matter of fact. BUT, I had a similar experience with the stock cracking/ chipping off at the wrist. I sent the gun to them, received a call. They would replace the stock if I sent them $2300! I called Scheels. Scheels apparently swung a deal with them and paid for the replacement stock. Then the gun began to fan-fire. Sent it back for that. They replaced the trigger, etc.. Then my Briley 20 ga tube split, That was all I needed to convince me. I do not need an unsafe gun especially one that's been to Maryland twice for fixes. The new owner loves it!

I eliminated the issue totally and bought a K80. No more "lemon gun" issues.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a KS-5 that I bought new in 1989. The forend cracked in 2007. I called Krieghoff and they told me to send it to them and they would see what they could do so I did. They called in a few days and said they had found a used one that was almost identical to mine and they would swap the iron over and send it back to me for $100.00. I thought that was a great deal and jumped at it and couldn't have been more pleased. It matched the stock perfectly. Maybe CG would do something similar?

·
What squad am I on?
7,827 Posts
This was replaced for free...
TT15crack.jpg
The ONE time mine was in for service they accidentally scratched the original stock. They called me and told me what happened and that they selected a new one to match the forend.
After a couple hundred rounds this happened.
I sent them this pic so they sent my original stock back (one with the scratch).
I swapped them out and then I shipped this one back to them.
After all that I got a sweet deal on a new DTA stock plus they said to keep the original one too.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Dukefan: Before the artic weather hit us I was down in North Kansas City at A & N Hdw . Just for grins swung over by the Tri-Star building . The street dept had just finished laying new asphalt on that side of the block because of the heavy truck traffic to the returns dept . I turned around in that drive and actually pulled up far enough to read the sign by the walk in door . Across the top it read RETURNS DEPT then listed their hours they are open .In small print across the bottom it said "Limit 10 Persons At Counter At A Time-Please Take A Number".....Hmmmm.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,060 Posts
Dukefan: Before the artic weather hit us I was down in North Kansas City at A & N Hdw . Just for grins swung over by the Tri-Star building . The street dept had just finished laying new asphalt on that side of the block because of the heavy truck traffic to the returns dept . I turned around in that drive and actually pulled up far enough to read the sign by the walk in door . Across the top it read RETURNS DEPT then listed their hours they are open .In small print across the bottom it said "Limit 10 Persons At Counter At A Time-Please Take A Number".....Hmmmm.
Next to that sign is the "Shill of the month" award plaque.

·
What squad am I on?
7,827 Posts
And just below that it read...
"We'll still welcome you after you've realized you've been ripped off by all the high dollar gun manufacturers"
Next to that sign is the "Shill of the month" award plaque.
Your comprehension is at an all time low...it said "Shill of the Year".

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
And just below that it read...
"We'll still welcome you after you've realized you've been ripped off by all the high dollar gun manufacturers"

Your comprehension is at an all time low...it said "Shill of the Year".
Wrong again Newbie (as usual) . The two most expensive guns I`ve ever owned a Blaser combo and a P-Gun combo went down the road years ago . My 90-T`s and my old Citori are just like the Energizer Bunny they just keep on going . No gun I have been lucky enough to own has ever needed any warranty work of any kind . My old dbls Citori has been used on 155,000 of my 175,000 ATA dbls targets plus dbls leagues and fun shoots , practice , and shoot offs since 1996 when purchased . Replaced the ejectors with updated versions (less than $50.00) and one annual service from Browning at the Grand .Less than $80.00 . Oh and That gun has shot at 300 targets less than your ATA total combined in over 2 yrs in one day 5,500. So tell me again how impressed I`m supposed to be with your Turkish Turd .

·
What squad am I on?
7,827 Posts
Wrong again Newbie (as usual) . The two most expensive guns I`ve ever owned a Blazer combo and a P-Gun combo went down the road years ago . My 90-T`s and my old Citori are just like the Energizer Bunny they just keep on going . No gun I have been lucky enough to own has ever needed any warranty work of any kind . My old dbls Citori has been used on 155,000 of my 175,000 ATA dbls targets plus dbls leagues and fun shoots , practice , and shoot offs since 1996 when purchased . Replaced the ejectors with updated versions (less than $50.00) and one annual service from Browning at the Grand .Less than $80.00 . Oh and That gun has shot at 300 targets less than your ATA total combined in over 2 yrs in one day 5,500. So tell me again how impressed I`m supposed to be with your Turkish Turd .
You just don't get it do you?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well this does not sound like the service I've received! I would call & talk to service manager. Second, it doesn't sound like they did the repair correctly. i can see a distributor not covering it but Guerini should for sure! This would be a black eye I would not want!! For their quoted price you can get a custom forend made!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
You just don't get it do you?
Your correct about that . I paid $2,500 +tax for that Citori Grade 6 compared to your $1,500 Tri- Star combo . I could sell that Browning for at least $1,000 after all it`s use . Either way you look at it you come up on the short end of the deal . I come out WAY AHEAD in total value achieved . Plus no one has ever asked what kind of gun is is and had that ripple potato chip look on their mouth trying not to laugh when they walk away . Once again YOU FAIL TO MEASURE UP .Do you get that ?

1 - 20 of 157 Posts