Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Anyone have any idea what this is and how old?

August Stukenbrok

Fahrrader

*Einbeok*

It has no tirgger guard. It appears to be a single action, the barrel does not appear to rifled. 1 1/2" barrel, wood grips. 37 marked on two of the parts.

I know that Sugkenbrok published a catalog with sporting items for sale.

Thanks,

Jim

4054086525 OKC
k3uro_2008_03032.jpg

k3uro_2008_03033.jpg

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If it actually says "August Stukenbrok Fahrader Einbeck" and not Einbeok, It likely means August Stukenbrok Bicycle Company in Einbeck Germany was the company that the gun was made for. He had a mail ordr company similar to Sears did in the USA.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The bore in the barrel is a lot bigger than the chambers in the cylinder. Could be a starter's pistol or a stage prop.

MK

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Looks a lot like this one: <I>gunstar.co.uk</I> and this one <I>Velo Dog Revolver</I>

Apparently made by many small factories in Europe.

From <I>this 2002 forum thread</I> came this quote"<blockquote><I>"It is a common European pocket revolver of the late 19th and early 20th century. They generally sold new for the equivalent of $3-4, the same price range as our inexpensive revolvers of the time. While the .25 ACP (6.35mm) is usually thought of as an automatic pistol cartridge, it and the larger .32 ACP (7.65mm) have a small rim and those revolvers were often made in those calibers. Most were made in Belgium and an oval with the letters E L G (the Liege proofmark) would confirm that. (Edited after seeing the second set of pictures - yes, it was made in Belgium.)

The value is negligible, perhaps $50-100 as a novelty, if it is functional. It is probably safe to fire but remember that it is probably at least 100 years old so use discretion.

It is made in the same general way as many of the so-called Velo-Dog revolvers, but it is not really one of those, since it does not fire the Velo-Dog cartridge. Briefly, the Velo-Dog was a fairly powerful .22 caliber center fire cartridge made to allow people riding bicycles ("velocipedes") to protect themselves from attacks by dogs, hence the "velo-dog" name. That revolver cylinder is much too short to take the Velo-Dog round."</I></blockquote>

MK

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Typical turn of the century carry gun. Bore and chambers do look same size. perspective hurts the pic. Tons of these in the old Sears, Bannerman, and other catalogues from around 1900. Couple of bucks back then. About the same now unless you find someone who likes those things.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
What you have is a Bull Dog, they made them in Belgium, and England in 32 and 38 centerfire around the 1880's. I have a Belgian made one in 38.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.