Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I moved out on my own, I wasn't allowed to take th BPS dad bought for me when I was 11. I was pretty well broke and he was concerned I would sell it to pay a bill.
So in my youthful stupidity I bought one of those Turkish turd O/U's. I walked into a local sporting goods store and threw down 399.00 and thought well it's cheap but it looks better than a Mossberg 500. That Turkish turd was a Sarsilmaz O/U with 28" barrels and fixed M/F choke. Shot straight but would never fire the second shot. Had a 'smith look at it and he couldn't pinpoint the problem. I sold it quickly after that.

So what gun was the worst for you?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Huglu O/U - looked great in the ad, when I took it out of the box it looked like it had been made in a high school shop class. Right back to DeHahn it went.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Had a 12 gauge o/u given to me when I was 13 that absolutely did not fit me and would bruise my shoulder so bad dove hunting that after a few days it would almost bring me to tears when I shot it. That was a gun I had no trouble getting rid of later on. Don’t really even remember the brand but think it was an SKB.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stoeger Condor Competition.
Only gun I've ever had that actually pissed me off to even look at. Such a ripoff.
Wow. After I sold that Turkish turd, I bought. Stoeger Uplander Supreme and I really can't say anything bad about it.
But your description is how I felt about that Sarsilmaz o/u too

·
Registered
123 Posts
Won a 870 at a shoot shot it at five targets never hit one it kicked like a mule walked back to my truck and a fellow came by and said man I really like these is it for sale five minutes later I didn't own it any more.

·
Premium Member
11,548 Posts
Not a shotgun. It was a Jiminez .380. I never could find ammunition that would go through a full magazine without jamming. Talked to the factory, followed their recommendations to no avail. Furthermore, while I've never been particularly susceptible to "hammer bite", I couldn't shoot the thing without it taking a chunk out of my hand. LGS had an auction for firearms, I peddled it.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Won a 870 at a shoot shot it at five targets never hit one it kicked like a mule walked back to my truck and a fellow came by and said man I really like these is it for sale five minutes later I didn't own it any more.
I like a happy ending

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I bought an 870 trap and shot 50 shells through it and traded it for an 1100. I could not stand the kick. I still have an 870 Super Mag that I turkey hunt with, but I only shoot one or two shells in it.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Two, a left handed Model 1100 Auto, but in reality is was a single shot, then a KX5, no matter how well I thought it fit me it still kicked the snot out of me, fitted stock, dead mule in the stock, and lots of other stuff just couldn't get it right.
There are just some guns that are not meant to be owned.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I had a twenty gauge bolt action that would occasionally fire a live round when you tried to eject it. I gave it away to a guy that wanted a closet gun at his bike shop. He wasn't concerned about misfires I guess.

Bill

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Had a Winchester 101 taht I loved in every respect except.....The POI for the 2 barrels was 2,5 feet apart at 40 yards. And I could not afford to sell or trade it. I actully kept and hunted with it for 25 years. That top barrel was good on the trap range. But game hand to struggle up a bit to get into the pattern,

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thompson Center Classic .22 . I bought it in 2003 or so. I cannot find a 10 shot magazine without paying almost as much as I paid for the rifle new. The rifle is a tack driver though.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
The 1100 my Dad let me use for a couple years-It was as old as I was (16 at the time, both 1963 models) and had a much harder life. It was beat on worse than I was those 16 years. Worked fine for singles, but I had to almost completely rebuild it to get 2 or 3 rounds for doubles and ducks out of it without a jam. Got sick of that quick, so when I turned 18, I bought an 870 Wingmaster. By that time word got around the club, and I was off on a career/ paying hobby as a gunsmith, bringing a couple guns home every week from the club to work on.
For other guns, I had a Sirhan Sirhan Special (IJ Cadet 55) that spit lead hotter than any rapper ever spit beats. I had to wear a glove just to shoot it. Traded that towards one almost as bad, a S&W BodyGuard 38- Not a Model 49, but their plastic FrankenSnub slapped together to compete with the LCR. I say slapped together because what gun designer in their right mind would have the yoke retention device be a plastic nub sticking up from the trigger guard? It wears down, and when it does, the yoke will slide right out and onto the floor if pointed down during the loading process, unless retained by the LH thumb. Awkward. Parts are non existent in the wild, you must send the gun to S&W.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
Stoeger Condor Competition

Heavy like a dump truck. Wood that was worse than any fence post I have ever seen. Rib came loose after about 4000 rounds. Receiver started separating, rusting and corroding. The adjustable comb was a joke. Sent it back and Benelli sent me a brand new one. Never put it together, sold it immediately. Unfortunately I bought a Tri-Star next...live and learn.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts