Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody please explain what the difference is between a regular Browning XT and an Ultra XT? Do they even make an Ultra XT anymore? Thanks Huntinandhotrods

·
Registered
650 Posts
The difference is that I have shot 100 straight in doubles with the Ultra and I have not with the newer XT.

Lyle

·
Registered
943 Posts
IIRC I think it was some sort of copyright infringement when it was the Ultra XT.

Browning dropped that and now it is just XT.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I looked at an older Ultra XT and it did not have the palm swell on the buttstock, like the XT. However, it could have been an aftermarket stock, but I don't think it was.

John

·
Registered
147 Posts
The story I heard was that Gillette sued Browning for the use of the name Ultra because they were releasing an Ultra razor at that time and had already secured rights to the name "Ultra". When Browning was made aware of it they just droped the Ultra from their product as part of the law suit. I don't think there is any difference in the earilier Ultra and the later XT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is no difference in the Ultra XT and the XT. The Ultra's were the earlier XT's but browning had to drop the Ultra due to some legal issues regarding the use of Ultra in the name. I think it was due to the fact that another firearm manufacture used the term Ultra in the name of one of their firearms so browning could not for what ever reason.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I thought that the Ultra was a XS and that was was a patented name of onother company and that is why we now have the XT model. Same gun, different name. Sort of like Chinese resturants. Everytime the Board of health cites them for bugs or something, they change the resturant name.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Ultra XT's do not have the palmswell stock and the adjustable comb models have the good adjusting hardware. Not the stupid thru the buttpad POS on the later Brownings.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I had an early Ultra XT. It didn't have the palmswell and had the good adjustable comb hardware. It also did not have the adjustable/interchangable trigger the later models have.
Pat Haskins

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
My Ultra does have a palm swell but did not have the adjustable trigger shoe setup.
The adjustable is a totally different trigger guard, longer inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.