Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi whats the best re-coil reducer on the market My son has a soft touch on his bt-99 I'm looking to put one on my bt 100 have looked at the RAD system Graycoil and the Bumpbuster any thoughts Thanks Don

G

·
I've shot guns with just about every recoil system around and hands down the best is the Bumpbuster. It can be linked to the comb (like a soft touch) or just installed on the end of the stock like a Gracoil. It doesn't seem to effect the center of balance like some of the others, and is fully adjustable along with being rebuildable. I like what Ken has designed.

My second choice would be the G squared system.

Just my opinion and not the gospel.

ec90t

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I like 1 oz. loads, with green dot.........they are soft!

tony

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had a Gracoil on a K-80, a G-square on a Browning 425, a soft touch on a Beretta 391, and a Clyde Slide on my Perazzi. Hands down is the Clyde Slyde. Simply can't beat it for performance or price, in my opinion. Second would be the G-square.

Snooky

·
Registered
929 Posts
What Gunfitter and Kenent said, nothing beats a stock that fits and a reasonable load. Added stock and forend weight works as well as any reducer I've tried, for one that belts you. JW

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
I've had the Stock Lock, RAD, Gra-coil, and Soft Touch. Prefer the Soft Touch, but the Clyde Slyde and Bumpbuster are probably as good.

·
Vendor
7,418 Posts
i think my duaghter wud attest- soft touch by shooters emporium- the best-
the comb travels with the system as to not rub on the cheek!! and it looks great too!!! <

·
Registered
68 Posts
PFS will adjust to fit you properly...That will reduce felt recoil an amazing amount!
Then you can remove more recoil with the internal reducer! WOW !

ClaySlayer

G

·
While I agree that the PFS is a great tool for the reduction of recoil it has one drawback. A person that hard mounts a gun will not get along with it very well unless they adjust their mount. The system flexes a bit from front to back. This is more noticeable on the newer style versus the older style that doesn't offer as much offset.

Vern is a great guy to deal with that's for sure! He helped me out a bunch when I had mine.

I'm just glad we have a lot of great systems to choose from.

ec90t

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I own 3 softouch recoil systems on varoius guns. the service at shooters emporium is very good. The turn-around time is very fast, usually less than a week. They are not cheap, but I think a good value for the money. Anodized finish on unit really looks good on gun. If you think you are going to shoot a particular gun for a long time, and run a lot of shells through it, the money spent is cheap insurance compared to developing a bad flinch. I definitely would reccomend them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Bry has always liked his RAD system that was installed by Greg Hissem. We put one on his Beretta when he was 12 to reduce the recoil and he has one on his Perazzi now. We have never regretted the money put into that system. Hope this is a help to you and your son.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've installed Soft Touch systems on 6 shotguns & 1 rifle (cal .375 H&H). It has allowed me to shoot more than I would otherwise have been able to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.