Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
I purchased my X73 in Sept./1983 from it's original owner. I had made the mistake of trying it out that spring and running 75 straight from the 16. Knew right then I HAD to own it....paid C$2100...the bluing was worn a bit and it had a "fencepost" on it for wood..my first registered score with the gun was a 97 in singles...and it got me to the 27 yd. line...I've since had it reblued professionally and restocked it myself in some very tasty English walnut to the original dimensions. I've never been sorry for 1 minute that I bought it...I'll never sell it. It will grind targets at 27 yds. Those who know me will attest to how good it looks. I've probably got C$3000 in the gun and I've been shooting it for almost 24 years....pretty good investment methinks!! I have no time for all the drivel about how Ljutics depreciate like a falling rock...buy one, get it fitted properly and shoot it forever!!

Ron Burr

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the cheapie shells won't eject, run a coarse CHAMBER brush (not a bore brush) through the chamber a dozen times or so. Do this after every 100-200 shots. Worked for me.

Roger

·
Registered
7 Posts
I shoot LJUTICS for ten years and went down hill every day. They are a very well built gun that kicks alot. I think that a unsingle would help the gun.
That would soften the recoil up alot. Also make the barrel with aj. Rib
Steve

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
First guy that I ever heard "kicks a lot"!? Also, why in the world would you keep shooting it if it kicks a lot and "went down hill every day"?! Slow learner or stubborn?! Tom Rhoads

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
As a distributor for Kemen shotgun shells, I hear a lot about the shells sticking in certain single barrel guns, Ljutic, Seitz (mine), Cole, Alferman and the like. The reason they stick is twofold.

1. The "brass" is not brass its steel and it expands to the chamber walls when fired and does not bounce back like softer brass does. Also the steel is dry and has no lubricity like brass.

2. The ejectors in the above guns rely solely on the ejector spring to push the shell out of the chamber. Guns like Perazzi, Kolar and Krieghoff have a cam-action ejector, in the forst eighth inch of movement the shell is "cammed up" and then the ejector fires. By lifting the shell just a bit the spring can now overcome the inertia of the expanded shell in the chamber.

Solutions: Keep the chamber really clean. Give it a shot of good silicone before you shoot...it will last about 50 shots. I have even gone so far as to wipe each of the shells with a silicone cloth and rebox them before I shoot. (I have to be pretty bored...) This does work well, however.

The folks at Kemen are looking at making the brass a bit lower (like a AA) and that should alleviate the situation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.