Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one of few days I sit and watch sports each year (my alma mater OSU Cowboys are playing OU today) and I watch these wanna be called men skipping off the field like a little third grade girl at recess, every time they did something they are proud of. They also waltz off occasionally like neanderthals running while not swinging there arms at all. They are either fairies or cavemen. Can it be that hard to make up your mind what you want to be?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I watched that game & as far as I'm concerned, OSU won it. The referees threw it to OU at the end. There were bad calls made. OSU intercepted that ball, period. Inexcusable really, but seems to be the norm with referees all too often anymore, college ball or pro. Both sides played hard. I think in their hearts the Cowboys know that OU didn't beat them, the refs did. I doubt the press will be honest about that.

As far as the antics go, the original coach for the other Cowboys wouldn't tolerate that kinda monkey bidness. He was professional and demanded the same from the players. He lead by example. That's fast becoming a thing of the past in all too many venues. I will refrain from riding that tangent further.

Best to all of you in the coming year and current holiday season! Take someone new out and introduce them to shooting; do it for yourself! The sport will thank you & with luck you'll have another person to enjoy it with.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
don't you love it when a player does his little dance after a good play, but they are losing by 30 points.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Makes you appreciate guys like Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders and Jim Brown who seemed to act like they had 'been there before'..

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Thank you Dr. for that. When did all of the dancing and celebrating start? Can you imagine Unitas or Tarkenton acting like such jackasses? Don't get me started. Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts