Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this video in my email inbox,...I'm assuming it's something revolutionary with rifle ammo ?
Does anyone have a clue what this is ??

·
Supporting Vendor
5,838 Posts
Maybe they are going to re-instate the Hornady 366 loader?

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
I watched it; thought I'd learn something about a new product, but no. Just a waste of time.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I guess we'll find out on the 27th. I don't use a lot of Hornady products but I think it is great for a company to be proud of what it makes.

Ed

·
Registered
6,477 Posts
Ruger just announced poly case ammo, looks like just the bullet is plastic, not the metallic case. Since Ruger does not have an ammo plant that I am aware of, maybe they are having Hornady make the product.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Wanna dazzle me. Make some 22rf that is not over priced.
What are you paying where you are? I haven't bought any for a while but noticed some Winchester and Remington .22LR ammo priced at C$48/500 rounds. That was at Canadian Tire and in Canadian dollars which are at about a 30% disadvantage relative to the US greenback.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
I dunno, I guess we'll have to see on Oct. 27.

However, this patent was just issued to Hornaday on Sept. 24, 2015. On the other hand, this appears to be the Leverevolution bullet design, which has already been out, unless there is some new variation. But there are some other bullet designs cited in the patent for handgun bullets.
CARTRIDGE AND BULLET WITH CONTROLLED EXPANSION Patent Application (Application #20150268020 issued September 24, 2015) - Justia Patents Database

There have been some other developments by others. Like dimpled bullet jackets similar to golf balls which greatly improve ballistics. And there are rumors of scaling up single sticks of extruded powder for centerfire cartridges, based upon work already done and proven in the .17 HMR by CCI. It's possible Hornaday has expanded upon these.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Let's all remember guys that the original poly cases were designed to prevent the enemy from picking up and reloading ammunition. Poly cases will allow for government control of ammunition.

Poly bullets on the other hand will be a game changer. If they can do shot! Say $5 for a 25 of bag...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts