Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The ones made in France load even better, in many "euro trash" scrounger's opinions. You should try them.
I already tried them. They are metric with a larger internal measurement. Couldn't find an American wad that didn't give me bloopers. I know they make Euro style wads that would probably work but, I like to keep my loading operation simple. If I can't load it with an American wad IMO it's too much trouble but, to each his own!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
28 and 410 shells are a different story. there is a demand for them. You can also save a lot reloading those versus buying new.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
28 and 410 shells are a different story. there is a demand for them. You can also save a lot reloading those versus buying new.
I'm certainly a cheapskate first of all, but I load clear down to almost 5/8 oz in 12 ga and less than that in 20 ga, both of which have endless supplies of free hulls everywhere ya turn around. I see no reason to spend more money on guns, dies, or hills to load what I already do. To qualify this, I don't shoot in any registered shoots where ya have to shoot a certain ga gun, for shits and giggles only.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Not worth selling.
What about trying to fit the hulls in the flat rate boxes? I used to save some cash doing this years ago. You may want to look into shipping this way. They ship the same price to all the lower 48 states, and all the boxes are free. Just a FYI as it were. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
In Clarksburg, Maryland, I will give you all the Gun Clubs you can shoot for nothing. 12 and 20. I am moving and don't want to take them with me.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
[QUOTE

And that link is selling GUN CLUBS, not STS. No way you should pay .04 for Gun Clubs.[/QUOTE]

Very few small clubs near me. Guys keep their hulls. Large club wont let you pick up hulls. Its easy to say you shouldn't pay for hulls if they're readily available in your little world. Its not like that everywhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
$40/1000 is 4 cents a piece. Free shipping is free shipping.

And that link is selling GUN CLUBS, not STS. No way you should pay .04 for Gun Clubs.
Your right. I am saying the seller is getting .2e after paying for the shipping selling them for .4
I haven't found a reliable source and I don't see anyone selling them cheaper. If so where Please.
Not for me, I get plenty, but for others in the entire lower 48.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
to Pull n Mark,,, any primer will fit in a sts/nitro hull/gunclub..
You can jamb any primer into a Remington hull, but only the Remington primers fit correctly. Sometimes depending on a couple of factors its possible that this jambing in of the primer will concave the bottom of hull inward. Just enough in many cases as to get light firing pin hits. These light hits can cause mis-fires from time to time. Just keep this in mind in the future when and if you start to get light hits on your primers. I never have any problems with Winchester hulls and Winchester primers. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
You can jamb any primer into a Remington hull, but only the Remington primers fit correctly. Sometimes depending on a couple of factors its possible that this jambing in of the primer will concave the bottom of hull inward. Just enough in many cases as to get light firing pin hits.
I load Fed 209A in STS hulls all the time, and never have any issues at all. Shoot them in a Kolar and an A400.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You can jamb any primer into a Remington hull, but only the Remington primers fit correctly. Sometimes depending on a couple of factors its possible that this jambing in of the primer will concave the bottom of hull inward. Just enough in many cases as to get light firing pin hits. These light hits can cause mis-fires from time to time. Just keep this in mind in the future when and if you start to get light hits on your primers. I never have any problems with Winchester hulls and Winchester primers. break em all Jeff
I've loaded untold THOUSANDS of Remington Hulls with Federal ,Cheddite, Win., and CCI primers and have never got a light hit on them. The only "light hits "I got was on federal hulls ( common problem that I understand they have since fixed) and when the firing pin on my gun broke.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Several years ago I got into reloading due to the amount of shells my son and I were burning through. At the time, reloading saved about $1.50 - $2 per box which made it worth when knocking out 3-4 cases per hour on our 9000g. At this time it was hard to come by many reloadable shells at the ranges we shot because everybody and their brother were picking them up themselves. But with the price of components going up and the rebates often ran by Rem and Win on their premium shells as well as the ability to reload lesser expensive hulls such as gun clubs and fiocchis, I am starting to see a lot more hulls lying around. I oftentimes pick these up and squirrel them away in my stash of hulls, for someday the tides of ammo excess I feel will turn again and plus I am able to make the load which suits my shooting and gun.
3-4 caseS per hour. I am impressed. I can load 500-600 on hydraulic Spolar in a hour.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I said its possible! Have you tried reloading all the sub-gauges? What about trying some Euro-primers? break em all Jeff
Not saying it can't happen, just that I load Remingtons all the time and have for over 47 years and it has never been a problem for me. As far as the over sized Euro primers, They are usually cheaper and I only load then in my "one and done" hulls such as Top gun or Estates or the Win. Super Targets that I load for practice. As far as the sub gauges go, I gave up "competitive" Skeet in 1995 when I retired from the Air Force ( can't afford to be competitive in more than one game and the wife prefers Trap) so I don't load 28/.410 anymore. Only loaded the AAs when I did. Shoot Well!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Pull & Mark,,, Sorry if you have had light hit problems,,, I have never had any problems loading Federal primers, or Winchester primers into a STS/Nitro/gunclub hulls..... and I don't jamb them in to quote you, they slide right in...Steve

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
I've loaded untold THOUSANDS of Remington Hulls with Federal ,Cheddite, Win., and CCI primers and have never got a light hit on them. The only "light hits "I got was on federal hulls ( common problem that I understand they have since fixed) and when the firing pin on my gun broke.
Have to agree with Slide Action here.

No light hits here either, and I've loaded at least 10,000 a year for the last 30+ years and they were mostly Remington hulls.

Hauxfan!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts