·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun Club 12 ga. Once fired price?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Due to the big sale ($49.99 a case) Cabelas had going on earlier, you can probably find a lot of them laying around. I collected quite a big bag of these this morning at a local trap field, I didn't go looking at the sporting clay course but I bet there'll be plenty of them around too.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I don't know anyone that pays for gun clubs. There are too many of them lying around you can get for free to actually pay good money for them.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've seen them for as little as 2 cents and as high as 2.5 cents. But as GoldEx has stated they are so plentiful that no one needs to buy them any more.

·
Registered
9,386 Posts
Hulls are not in demand as much as they were . Hulls are worth what you can get for them and in most places I've seen about 1/2 what they were. With all the sales going on and the increase in component prices , fewer people are reloading. I reload a bunch and haven't "bought "a hull in years. Some people who load buy them for convenience instead of scrounging the way some of us do. Of course the commercial outfits still ask 5 to 6 cents for 12 and 20 ga. and a lot more for 28 and .41o but, if you are a scrounger like me , you can find them fairly easy (especially around Sporting Clays ranges). "Gun Club" hulls last a long time and load as well as STS . "Federal Top Guns" make a great one and done load ,and so do "Estates " ( the American made ones not the Euro Trash stuff from France) . All and all the hull market is depressed right now. If you are BUYING it is a good time right now -If you are selling not so much.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Several years ago I got into reloading due to the amount of shells my son and I were burning through. At the time, reloading saved about $1.50 - $2 per box which made it worth when knocking out 3-4 cases per hour on our 9000g. At this time it was hard to come by many reloadable shells at the ranges we shot because everybody and their brother were picking them up themselves. But with the price of components going up and the rebates often ran by Rem and Win on their premium shells as well as the ability to reload lesser expensive hulls such as gun clubs and fiocchis, I am starting to see a lot more hulls lying around. I oftentimes pick these up and squirrel them away in my stash of hulls, for someday the tides of ammo excess I feel will turn again and plus I am able to make the load which suits my shooting and gun.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I have 5 or 6 thousand once fired old style AAs that I'm going to end up giving away. People used to jump all over them for .05 but no takers any more.

Reactions: smokintom

·
Registered
10,356 Posts
Going price for me is as follows, nothing for gun clubs at all.

Win. AA 12 ga. 4 cents a piece
Win. AA 20 ga. 6 cents a piece
Win. AA 28 ga. 16 cents a piece
Win. AA 410 bore 16 cents a piece

I will no longer pay for STS hulls at all since Remington thinks there primers are made of Gold. No other primer fits the Remington hull very well. Federals are just to much of a pain in the backside to reload in all 4 gauges. While these prices are old IMO they are still pretty fair. AT least until I see some changes in the Market. Which seems pretty unchanged to me at least. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have 5 or 6 thousand once fired old style AAs that I'm going to end up giving away. People used to jump all over them for .05 but no takers any more.
I know a guy who would give an arm and a leg for those things

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all, I took a box of 600 to the Post Office today to determine shipping costs. It came in at about $36 to get them to Chicago and $49 to get them to CA from Boston

Not worth selling. $18 or so for the hulls plus shipping

1 - 20 of 42 Posts